1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tandem the Spoony's Next Adventure [F/SN x CM(D&D)]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by EnderofWorlds, May 7, 2013.

1. Cherry Lover

Cherry Lover Well worn.

Given this guy's apparent ability to talk people around (he seems to have talked Kotomine into an alignment change), I don't think Rin having Saber would be any kind of an issue. I mean, she doesn't exactly need much of an excuse to ally with Shirou in the first place.

Also, we really need to get this guy to give Zouken a good lecture at some point....

2. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

Next time we do that greatest swordsman in the world boast instead go for who ever lived that should allow us to keep falseassassin's skill even when he dies.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Finally watched the called shot to the arm bit. A tree as a weapon. Yeah. :D

Well that is funny. And could be useful if we happen to fight say archer. Good luck using your weapons when your arms are crippled. Though this probably would be useless against Lancer. Good rule to keep mindful though. Don't even bring up Berserker... just don't. The guy has healing so that tactic would not work.

4. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

New Bluff:

[X] Shirou! Today is your lucky day! I am Tandem the Spoony the greatest swordsman and trainer in the world, and I will train you to be the best swordsman ever!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4043801/

.... :D

5. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Oh, Christ, they'll be like Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser, only in modern Japan. I am totally okay with this.

6. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

This is now a thing, is it?

I approve.

7. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Honestly? Shirou needs the training if we can give it. I was as shocked as you guys when I just rolled to see what kind of result the bluff would have if any. I did not expect to pass it... like that.

8. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

...If Ender lets us get away with using Rumor like that. Be one thing if that was our roll after we had decided on our course of action, in this case...

Well, we'll see.

9. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

I'll let you throw in the Rumor thing; but I still need consensus on what you're doing for the day. Because in canon Saber was injured and there was two days of basically waiting for her to heal up and other stuff from Rin; then Shirou got approached by Shinji. That's Fate Route; UBW and HF have them go aganst Caster around day 5~6. It is currently the end of Day 3/beginning of Day 4 right now.

I'm basically looking for some stuff for you to do on the one free day you have until the action starts to pick up; Shirou doesn't go to school on Day 4, and since Tandem's not injured there's nothing really keeping either of them cooped up in the house. It's basically planning time for you guys. If I can get someone to double check whether or not Shirou goes to school on Day 4 though; I'd appreciate it. I'm pretty sure he doesn't, but I'd like to double check to be safe.

10. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

[X]Bluff Fellgar
    No way this can go badly.
    Wait, if we train Shirou to be the best swordsman ever, and we are the best swordsman in the world, will that eventually make a positive feedback loop?
    Once we surpass the greatest swordsman in history that is.

[X]Get a feel for the lay of the land. Identifying good places to fight in and possible ambush points could only help in the long run.

11. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Alright. We have item crafting. And we have stat boosting spells. Any chance we could create some mental and charisma boosting items? Not sure I want us to do this even if we could...

Definitely scry. Scry the house we are in to see if anyone stopped by after we left the first time. Scry for other master servant pairs in the city. If any house has wards we then know these people are masters. No sane person would stay in the middle of a war and then advertise that they are magical when there are epic super spirits fighting.

Set up some basic defenses? Tutor Shirou in magic and swordplay?

Actually if its not too late add magic user onto the bluff. Or something like that. If its allowed someone just edit it or something? Please? I'm kind of tired right now and its hard to think straight.

And on that roll.... I was not expecting a 99. Something like a 50 or 60? Maybe 30? But 99?! Not expected at all... 8)

12. Hymn of Ragnarok

Huh. Well, if Ender is gonna let us get away with this, we clearly need to train Shirou as a Dashing Swordsman.

[X] Montage time with Shirou!
    [X] Wander town as a traveling minstrel, and visit the bars for local rumors and information! It's six o'clock somewhere, we might find a party (by which we mean minions and groupies), and at very least we'll find booze and a willing woman or two! Or three. Or four. You know what, let's see how high we can go.
    -[X] In the obscenely unlikely event e do not find willing women, or the more likely event that our duty as a hero cockblocks us, investigate suspicious events. Like families dropping dead, gas leaks, all that good stuff.

13. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

[X]Bluff Fellgar
    No way this can go badly.
    Wait, if we train Shirou to be the best swordsman ever, and we are the best swordsman in the world, will that eventually make a positive feedback loop?
    Once we surpass the greatest swordsman in history that is.

[X]Get a feel for the lay of the land. Identifying good places to fight in and possible ambush points could only help in the long run.

14. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] Fellgar's Bluff

15. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

If we can? Can someone edit the bluff? I'm not sure we need it but shirou could certainly use the training in magecraft.... not sure if our skills count or not...

Ender can we train shirou as is in magecraft with how the bluff is phrased?

16. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Scan shirou using detect magic. Find Avalon. Use Defiance of Fate tomorrow to claim it like we did excalibur.

Yeah, just thought of this guys... we did it with Excalibur, lets now use Defiance of Fate to outright just claim Avalon? Complete the set as much as we can huh? What do you guys say?

[​IMG]

I think we could use some more glory.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVRSWkDTno8&feature=share&list=PL6D938F5D9DD98E59[/embed]​

17. Cherry Lover

Cherry Lover Well worn.

I think we should also let Spoony meet Sakura....

18. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

We could even let shirou hold onto it for the most part. I just want to see shirou getting his healing on for that extreme training we are going to be shoving down his throat. He is going to need his muscles to recover quicker if we want any sort of effect to get through to him in such a short time.

We got excalibur last time on the dredges of our Defiance of Fate. Now I want to spend the day using it up entirely on gaining Avalon. Lets go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb. Kind of like my avatar~!

19. EnderofWorlds

You can't edit the bluff; unless you want to roll for the new bluff. You also can't teach Magecraft because you know all of jack shit about it. You know Bardic Magic and Arcane Magic.

20. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Very well. Would have been far to hard to justify it anyways I think. Still would the detect magic and steal avalon gimmick work for you? I've used Detect Magic to justify as a detect curse or other nasties on people before in games so just checking over shirou to cover the basics for safety then stumbling across the Avalon. Are you fine with that?

We would probably find it to be a weird but powerful magic item stored in him. Then we can wait until he wakes up to talk to him about it and extract it from him using a Defiance of fate once we get it back.

21. EnderofWorlds

Detect Magic can detect curses and magic item on them by the looks of it on the 3.5e rules; so yes. You'd still have to roll for it though, because Avalon isn't exactly obvious to detect.

Edit: Roll would be 1d20+20; typical DC check and your Caster Level.

22. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4044015/

Not quite a Crit. This has to be a first for Spoony. Actually managing to discern something of a magic item. ;)

23. EnderofWorlds

Detect Magic =/= Appraise; if you look at your character sheet you'll note that you still suck ass at that. Though you are better than before Wonderland because you figured that, hey; might as well get better. Not like you're short on time or have much else to do between adventures and while travelling on you Spelljammer ship.

24. Hymn of Ragnarok

Mmm, I do have to admit that Avalon fits Tandem not nearly as well as Excalibur.

Avalon is BORING AS FUCK. It's a peaceful, pretty afterlife where there is no more fighting. Tandem would be just as bored senseless by it as he was the Throne of Heroes.

25. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

:)) Yeah. True that. Silly me. Though I just noticed on our character sheet. Perform (String Instrument). Does that mean we can pick up a guitar and rock out?!

That is kind of awesome!

-EDIT-

I was thinking more about it along the lines of the ability to dodge into another dimension then reach back and tweek someone on the nose. That and avalon for us would allow us to maybe fight Berserker on a more even footing.

26. EnderofWorlds

Indeed you can; you also have around...10,000 gold coins on you. Savings from all your adventures after you had attained all the equipment you currently had, and didn't bother trying to find anything better since you were basically rocking the best loot you can get.

27. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

... Rin might just dry hump us if she ever found out about that after seeing our womanizing ways... :notfunny:

28. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Fellgar's Bluff

29. EnderofWorlds

Alright; going to work on that update now, gonna need a Scrying roll (1d20+20), a Perform roll (1d20+21), and a Charisma roll (1d20+10). Also need a roll for Shirou; 1d100+10.

30. Hymn of Ragnarok

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+20 : 10 + 20, total 30[/blockquote]
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+21 : 17 + 21, total 38[/blockquote]
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 1 + 10, total 11[/blockquote]
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d100+10 : 33 + 10, total 43[/blockquote]