1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tandem the Spoony's Next Adventure [F/SN x CM(D&D)]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by EnderofWorlds, May 7, 2013.

1. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

We have Excalibur, it would drain almost our entire prana to use it but it can take Heracles down.

2. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

He is stronger than you.

He is faster than you.

He is tougher than you.

...But, is he more skilled than you?

3. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

He's Herakles. So probably yes, and if the answer is no then that's only because we're now better than Kojiro and Kojiro is just that good. Sadly, Agility does not convert to Strength so we can't use Excalibur properly. Which we really need to, or Herk will obliterate whatever sword we happen to be using.

Only way we're winning this is leveraging an advantage he does not have or a weakness. Only 'weakness' I see is Ilya. Maybe draw this fight out long for Shirou to get an appreciable distance away and then teleport to him, and then both of us leave and hope Herk doesn't follow.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Considering he is no longer insane ender? Emphatic yes. Just... emphatic yes. There is a reason why people could take on hercules in this war before. And its because he is insane. No skill.

Also hymn? Shirou isn't running. Don't know why you think he would... ???

5. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

It has been said that Herakles Fatal Flaw is two things, his Ego, and his pronounced tendency to let his emotions rule him.
    Now, He may be in a state of Tranquil Fury, but we could use those flaws against him.
    The question is how?

6. Hymn of Ragnarok

*sighs*

Entirely possible. Thankfully, we have no tits and therefore his sexism might not kick in. If we tell him we need him to run, he might actually listen.

Seriously, we have how much Diplomacy? And Shirou's inclined to listen to us? Herk's roar oughta give a bonus to telling Shirou to GTFO. Might work, although it would mean we need to take initiative.

7. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

"Honestly Herc? Not only did your sister come onto me, but she wasn't that good a lay. Plenty of mortal women have been better."

8. EnderofWorlds

This is actually true by the way; she wasn't that good. Well, she was; but you've definitely had better in your lifetime. You give her a...7/10.

9. Hymn of Ragnarok

"Very eager though, enthusiasm makes up for a lot of short comings!"

10. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Alright so any chance this might actually mess with Herc's mind a bit? Being completely honest like that to him while he is trying to attack us? He might overcommit so we could dimension door over to shirou then tap our heels together 3 times to GTFO.

11. Hymn of Ragnarok

Fat chance. We've already pissed him off so much he came out the other side to sanity. No way can we count on him botching his swing, especially when he's a Herk that might as well be sane.

He gets close, he Nine Lives our ass, and our goose is cooked. He's already got stats that dwarf us like a Servant dwarfs a modern human.

12. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Well, we could use Roumor to Realty to say "Ha! I'm better then you will ever be Herakles!"
    If we roll well, we could beat him. Maybe.

13. Hymn of Ragnarok

I think Ender said the modifier to a roll like that would be absolutely horrific.

14. EnderofWorlds

Take all the time you guys need; this is a big moment. So far we have one vote for fighting, one for GTFO, and the rest is people talking about how fighting isn't an option and you need to GTFO.

15. Hymn of Ragnarok

It's not an unwinnable battle, but the price to win is probably preeeeeetty steep. Excalibur might secure a kill but earns Gilgamesh's ire and drains us. Drains us when Shirou is...yeah.

Option 2: kill Ilya, hope Herakles kills himself with prana drain. I wonder if Ilya is even conscious with what Herk is putting her through, or if Herk is just getting this from who knows where. Shirou might stop us. He did for Rin in UBW.

16. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

So. We can't run, we can't teleport without ditching Shirou, and we can't talk to the guy before he smooshes us.

... this one's on you guys. My blood's telling me to attackattackattack, but my blood has shit for brains.

17. Hymn of Ragnarok

....What if we use Charm Person on Ilya? Or Dominate Person, and then try and make her burn Command Seals like mad to weaken Herk or, I dunno, send him somewhere else.

This kind of mind-control isn't supposed to work on Nasuverse mages, but Tandem isn't from around these parts.

18. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Can we dominate a Homunculus?
    If not, there is Romor to Realty in the flavor of "Little Girl! We've always been the greatest of friends."
    Fuck, I don't know, I'm just listing off ideas right now.

19. EnderofWorlds

Ilya's command seals are...weird. Like, I'm not even sure they work like regular command seals. And while your Charm/Dominate person would work better then a Nasuverse version of the spell on a magus, all that means is that it'd take much more prana for them to cycle through their circuits to break. For example; Rin, you can probably get away with. Ilya? Not so much...

20. EnderofWorlds

I think people are starting to get some misconceptions about how Rumor to Reality works here....

You can't change other people with it, only yourself. It's primarily a massive self-buff ability; giving you skills and abilities you never really had in life. Saying you have the authority of a king? Sure. Greatest Wizard of Brittania? You got it. Making people believe that they've known you for longer than they actually have, as well as changing their memories of you? No sell.

21. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Thank you for the clarification. Lets see....would any of these work?
    "No one can stay mad at me, I'm too damn likable."
    "I'm the most charismatic person on Earth"
    "I can escape from anything."
    "I'm the fastest man on Earth."
    "I can dodge anything."
    "I'm Unkillable."
    "You could never beat me in a fight."
    "I'm Stronger then even you Herakles!"
    And that's all I got. Bed time.

22. EnderofWorlds

One most likely to work is the 'escape from anything' one, but right now you're not in a good position for it to work overall. And if it fails; you lose your 'Greatest Swordsman in the World".

23. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Wait. Do we have a bag of crushed glass?

24. Hymn of Ragnarok

A. Herakles

B. Godhand

C. Herakles can probably locate us in the heat of battle by sensing our fear anyways.

25. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

I'm sorry, I'm tired and grasping as straws for a better battle plan then attack and hope for the best.
    Going to bed, might think of something in the morning.

26. EnderofWorlds

No, but you have Glitterdust, Obscuring Mist, Grease, and Greater Invisibility.

27. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Yeah... we are going to have to layer on the "non detection fields" as much as possible. Actually we have Presence Concealment so we theoretically could disappear and not be sensed. Its at B rank which should hold up to Master and Servant senses... I think?

28. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

So use all of them, one of our swords to get the agility replace strength, our presence concealment and hope they even the odds enough for us?

29. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

No, just hope we manage to get away in the confusion. We need others and a prepared places to fight in to kill Herc's.

30. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Fair enough.