1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tandem the Spoony's Next Adventure [F/SN x CM(D&D)]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by EnderofWorlds, May 7, 2013.

1. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Whelp, good game everyone! It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Luckily, we are totally the best at escaping situations like this.

3. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Someone roll a 1d100; I need to see how long it'll take Defiance of Fate to recharge.

4. Hymn of Ragnarok

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 41, total 41[/blockquote]

5. Hymn of Ragnarok

Damn, not that good.

Well.....we DEFINITELY do not want to fight. Our best bet is probably run away, illusions, hope it takes.

We're Chaotic Good, so I do not think we'll be holding Ilya hostage unless Tandem's Discernment of the Poor reads 'Bad person, A-OK to do bad things to'.

6. EnderofWorlds

So...that means you're not getting Defiance of Fate back until tomorrow at the earliest; there goes one way of handling the situation...

7. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

8. Hymn of Ragnarok

Damn. Shoulda waited for biigoh. Unless timezones make it so that he rolled before me, in which case...better get clever.

9. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Teleport. We have boots of teleportation.

10. Hymn of Ragnarok

...Very true! It's not going to get Shirou out of here and it'd be a shame to blow that trick so soon, but we could.

11. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Rolled on: May 8, 2013, 5:22 p.m.

12. EnderofWorlds

Yes, leave Shirou high and dry; good idea. Unless you're trying to bring him with you; which would entail reaching him, which means outrunning Herakles.

...You're not outrunning Herakles.

If it does I may consider it; but for now a winner is you.

This encounter is hard; it's really fucking hard. But you can come out the winner. Look at what advantages you do have.

13. Hymn of Ragnarok

Our time zones don't match up, I can't tell.

Well, if we knew where Shirou is, could we teleport to him and then teleport us both away?

And we've got Excalibur. We could give that a try, although if it didn't drain us to the point of death, it'd come close.

14. EnderofWorlds

You can, but the question now becomes can you teleport fast enough; because you're not that far away from Shirou. Not far enough that Herk can't blitz towards you the moment he sees you're there. And it's kinda iffy whether or not he'd reach you before you teleported away.

You do have Excalibur, yes. And enough prana to use it once. You're also still the Greatest Swordsman in the World. As for anything else you have on hand; I'm attaching the D&D character sheet I made for him. It's a bit wonky with the Bard specific skills and feats; and doesn't have what Arcane Magic you know, but it should help out.

Oh, and your swords are equivalent to A-Rank Mystic Codes made by a powerful magus from around Cu's time era. So past AoG, but still fairly above what magi today can accomplish. They're not Noble Phantasms because Tandem's been through quite a bit of swords in his lifetime and these were the ones he died with.

Also, if you want to change some of his spells; let me know and I'll change them.

15. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X]Project image and greater invisibility
    -->[X] GTFO!

16. Hymn of Ragnarok

Damn. Well....we're the Greatest Swordsman in the World, and Kojiro is in the world. I gotta admit, if we can use Kojiro level skills we might hold Herk off. Temporarily. Maybe long enough for Shirou to get far enough away for us to nab him.

Could teleport to Ilya and take her hostage. Herk won't like that though. He won't like that at all. Ilya may have a trick up her sleeve for Servants too.

Still, Teleporting to Ilya and getting her into the sky might distract Herk. Wouldn't bet on it though. And it'd burn two teleports even if successful. Maybe teleport behind Ilya, use her as a hostage, and while Herk hesitates (hopefully) blast with Excalibur and hope it takes?

Bit of a longshot. Also, no way Gilgamesh won't notice and then we've got a new problem on our hands. Sooner or later.

Vindictus, isn't that just Mislead?

Also, Bravery.

Bravery: A+
    Ability to ignore any mental interference such as coercion, confusion, or illusions. It also has the effect of increasing damage when fighting unarmed, but since he has gone mad through his class ability, he cannot use this skill.

On top of:

Mind's Eye (Fake): B
    Avoidance of danger by sixth sense/instinct.

This, uh.....this is double plus ungood.

17. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Use the secondary power of Defiance of Fate.

18. Hymn of Ragnarok

Right some ideas.

Cast Grease on Herk's weapon or where we think he'll go. Hope it takes.

Dimension Door could be used to get around the place.

Dominate Ilya. Not sure whether or not to bet on this working....Willpower is probably the one thing Ilya is not short on, besides prana.

And my bad, mistook Project Image for something else Vindictus. Don't think it'll fool Herk though.

....I think the best chance we have is if we start targeting Ilya. Assuming Shirou does not do anything to stop us. Which I would not bet on unless we made it clear we weren't about to kill her. Especially if it looks evil. We could convince the sap otherwise afterwards, but still not good.

EDIT: Oh yes, and we can call a Djinni or try a wish.

Or as Fellgar suggest, replace some of our stats. It's a start. Herk probably STILL outclasses us though.

19. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Just pointing it out but our glibness is still running. So any bluffs we do get the +30.

20. EnderofWorlds

On stats; you're still on EX rank Agility and Endurance, and because of the Weapons Finesse feat you can treat your Agility as your strength when you're wielding a rapier or short sword. But you're EX rank is equal to 500; 10 times A Rank. Herk's is...well, you saw the strength calc.

Right now, the only stat you top Herk in is Luck; because Mad Enhancement doesn't really work on that.

21. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

I'm not sure I am liking the spells for 6th level... I would have expected something like hero's feast for the bonuses it grants and its food. Maybe irresistible dance. Even the higher level summon monster.

We should probably cast that thing we cast on shirou to make us invisible while a copy dives to the side. If we can cast two spells we would want to cast that and then dimension door. Then next turn teleport.

22. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Why do we need to save Shirou? I mean, we've already killed Saber, so it's not like things are going to go according to canon. Use the boots and GTFO! We have a week to find a new master.

23. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

"We are fucked."
    is what I would say if we were not Tandam the Spoony!
    Granted, I can't think of what to say right now.

24. EnderofWorlds

You're Chaotic GOOD; you're not going to leave an innocent bystander to die just to save your own skin here.

25. Hymn of Ragnarok

...I think I might have a plan. MAYBE.

Ilya has Command Seals. So....what could we tell her, of Bluff her into believing, that will impose a Command Seal on Herk and weaken him, send him away, et cetera.

Needs to be fast though, before Herk can negate us. Doubt he has social specs, but he's Herk.

Maybe something like, "He's regain his mind, the end is nigh, stop him before he kills you too!"

26. EnderofWorlds

...You wanna try bluffing at a time like this? You're not really in a position to try any form of talking or dialogue here, not unless you wanna become chunky salsa. Even then; Herk's at the point where his roars count as a massive debuff to bluff or diplomacy.

On a side note; I'm surprised that nobody's trying 'call shot to the arm' here :p.

27. Hymn of Ragnarok

Talking isn't a free action?!

Also, yeesh, point.

28. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

TELEPORT BOOTS WE HAS THEM RIGHT?

29. EnderofWorlds

In this case? Any talking surpassing 4 syllables is not a free action.

30. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

I really have no plan. We are facing an extremely angry and beyond insane powerful individual that we literally can not win against in a straight fight. No matter how lucky we are. We need to literally have 2 or 3 servants assisting in taking down this brute.