1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tandem the Spoony's Next Adventure [F/SN x CM(D&D)]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by EnderofWorlds, May 7, 2013.

1. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

[X]See who it is
    --[X]Give Epic Speech and-
    ----[X]Oh shit. How the hell did he track me here? Book it!

2. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X]See who it is

3. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

[X]See who it is

Can't stop laughing. Nice job Ender.

4. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X]See who it is

What the hell did we roll to do that?

5. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

I saw God descending from Heaven and granting all my prayers.

His name is Ender O:)

[X]See who it is

It was just, what, an hour ago we were summoned, and already we screwed so many plans it's not even funny.

Ender it's possible to request the POV of others? I want to see Saber's final moments (Istant kill after only 20 seconds, return to Camlann and discovering she doesn't have Exacalibur anymore because the sword chose a more worthy wielder, the world not bothering to correct the inconsistence) and glorious breakdown.

Kirei, oh why are you Kirei? Joking aside, can't wait to see the falldown with Gil.

Oh, and don't forget Rin and Archer. We need Tandem to convince Archer that is not because the idea of "Hero" is stupid that he suffers, but he is the stupid one for following it without taking advantages of the benefits (gold, wine, women).

The Nasuverse is populated by pessimists. They need a dose of Shonen.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. Ardion Prosili

Ardion Prosili Lover of Horned Women

[X]See who it is

Seems most IC. Also

A pessimistic universe is the result of a pessimistic writer. Yig.

7. Alexander

Sad but true.

8. Ardion Prosili

If he was an optimist, I'm sure the Nasuverse games would be one of HIGH ADVENTURE!

9. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

[X]See who it is

10. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X]See who it is

11. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

I'd like to point out what Tandem just did.
    He turned someone who was Neutral Evil, and made him Lawful Good. With words.
    Damn.

12. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Brilliant.

I don't think she has it back at Camlann anyways, she gave it to Bedivre to be returned to the Lady of the Lake.

[X]See who it is

13. Alexander

Isn't it more Lawful Evil? Kirei still feels happiness by others' suffering after all.
    She doesn't? I thought the event with Bedivere was after the battle.

14. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X]See who it is
    -[X]Oh look a lolly...
    --[X] Wow, wow! Calm Down!
    ---[X]Give Epic Speech and-
    ----[X]Oh shit! How the hell did he track me here?! Book it!

That looks a bit more like what would really happen.

So If our stats are still effected by the secondary power of our second NP then we might as well run away that way. If not we should cast teleport on shirou then use our shoes.

15. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

True, maybe Lawful Neutral at the most.

16. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

The closing credits of fate Zero have a still image of the moment Arturia and Mordred killed each other. Arturia was using her spear in that battle. She was also clearly skewered on Mordy's sword, so I doubt she lived long afterward.

I don't really get the dislike some peoples have for Saber. I think she's pretty justified in suffering from some angst considering how her life went to shit.

17. Hymn of Ragnarok

Just to clarify on this, up until Fate/Zero and Gilgamesh Kotomine considered his being happy a sin. Not without reason either. He married a dying woman in part because of her suffering, and then she killed herself in front of him to prove he was a good man because he cried for her death. But the real reason he was crying was because if she was going to commit suicide, he'd have rather killed her himself.

Guys got issues. Took Gilgamesh to make him start to enjoy himself. Till then, he wasn't about making himself happy.

Yeah, but I don't believe Saber describes having a dream until after Bedivere has returned Excalibur. I'd have to double check though, Fate route was a while ago for me.

18. Ardion Prosili

Regardless, I doubt that he's gonna be changed forever. Gilgys still here and he's had years to work Kirei over, ya?

19. Hymn of Ragnarok

Changed forever, doubtful.

....Well, unless Gilgamesh is bored and decides to leave the changes for the lulz.

20. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Ender? Do we have the spell Force Cage? http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Forcecage

If so it might be a good idea to caste it on ourselves and shirou.

If not there is always Mislead. Very useful in getting away from fights. http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Mislead

Then we just grab shirou and have the duplicate "cast" a spell to teleport Shirou away.

So we have some options for getting away...

21. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Bard's only go up to Level 6 in magic; and really should only be constricted to Bardic Magic in 3.5 e (which was the system I used, since I only have a character creator for that edition), but since Tandem was made for AD&D I compromised and allowed you some Arcane Magic. You're still constrained to Level 6, and I might rule against a certain spell if I feel it doesn't feel right for Tandem to be able to do it; but still, at least you can fling fireballs and lightning blots.

Mislead, though; you can totally cast that shit.

Working on the update now; expect it soon.

22. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

My favorite spell in the modern era. http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Sympathetic_Vibration

Transfer medium? Phone Call.

23. EnderofWorlds

Ok; apparently they let little girls participate in a battle royal to the death in these parts, who knew? Well, you weren't really in the mood for fighting, and both you and the kid were feeling a little drained from everything that's happened today; Shirou way more than you. So, you decided that an intimidating boast and taunt would do the trick; scare the girl and her Servant off, or at least distract them enough for you to escape without a trace. Should be cake; it's a little girl, what could she possibly do or summon that would actually be a threat? With a graceful turn and a flourish of a hand, you begin your boast.

"Ah, young maiden; while you may be a participant in this bloody affair, I implore you to leave us be for now. For I am Tandem the Spoony; Greatest Swordsman in the World! Unmatched in the field of battle; slayer of beasts and demons alike. I have even reached the level of Gods; becoming one myself before casting such divinity aside. But I am a good and just man at heart, and crushing the dreams of a child isn't something I am willing to rush into so quickly. So, I give you this chance to retreat; and rethink the risk you are undertaking in this war." There, a boast to show how powerful you were along with a message to rethink whatever the brat's considering. Should at the very least keep her and her Servant on edge.

The girl, a little slip of a thing with red eyes and snow-white hair, giggles and says, "Your Servant is funny, onii-chan. Too bad he has to die. Bezer-"

In a flash; a giant appears. Towering far above your head, with skin of bronze and radiating fury and rage, he gave off an aura of power and might unmatched. By the gods, he was larger than that mutant assassin you fought in Teranigma! And he was hopped up on that cocktail that creates dragons. And this guy, this guy was giving you a look. The kinda look that screams, "I will fuck you up so bad, that not even Hell will be able to look at you without puking their guts.". A look of sheer hatred and anger, that you start to get a little nervous...

You start to laugh nervously and shrink back a little, "Eheheheh; do we happen to, um, know each other by any chance? Because it looks like you're really mad at me. So whatever it is I did to offend you, buddy; I'm really sorry. And I would like the chance to make amends here, um..."

"YOU..." Oh sweet Jesus, "I never thought we would ever meet; though deep down, a part of me has LONGED for it. For the crimes you have committed against my Father and Sister; to have the opportunity to deliver retribution is GLORIOUS."

"Uhhh...I'm...very... sorry?"

This only serves to enrage the Giant further, "You don't even remember?! You have the GALL to forget that you deflowered my SISTER! How my Father, mighty Zeus, struck you down for this offence?! No matter, it appears I now have the opportunity to properly finish what my Father had intended..."

Oh fuck; will you never live that down?! Immediately you prepare for a fight, just as the titan that you've now deduced is probably Hercules is barrling towards you with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. You cast Mislead of Shirou to keep him safe and out of sight while you prepare to deal with the 500 pounds of divine 'FUCK YOU' heading at your face.

[X] What do?!

Notes: Herk's stat sheet has changed; it's more or less the same from canon except:
    Mad Enhancement EX
    • This servant is not in a blind fury, but is rather Fury Incarnate itself; receiving a quadruple rank multiplier (basically his rank^4th) in all parameters, and additional rank ups in all parameters as one's rage and fury grows. In addition, one's thoughts are tainted by the lens of anger, yet one is still capable of complex thought, for their fury has given them greater focus and determination. They can think, so that they can inflict greater vengeance on what has offended them.

24. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] ....... FIGHTO!

25. EnderofWorlds

Fun Fact: Numerical value of Berserker's current strength: 100,000,000.

Yours: 500

...Have fun...

26. Hymn of Ragnarok

YESSSSSSSSS. Oh this will be glorious.

I toyed with the idea of risking Rumor To Reality and designate a patsy, or become someone else. But Herk probably wouldn't be fooled~ Ahh, the Butt Monkey has returned.

Oh, idea for Rumor: "Strike me down, and I will become stronger than you can possibly imagine!"

27. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X]This is going to hurt.
    -->[X] Boast- "Even your father, the king of the gods himself, was unable to destroy me! As mighty as you are, you are nothing next to him- So how do you expect to defeat me?"

28. EnderofWorlds

Rumor can fail; if the boast is way too far out, or if current circumstances really make it impossible to believe, it will fail. The resistances and negative modifiers will go up and get worse depending on how hard it is to make the boast work and how hard it is to get people to buy it.

The negative modifiers for the boasts offered here...aren't pretty. At all.

29. Hymn of Ragnarok

....Does Herk becoming so insane he came back to the side of sanity means he can use Bravery and Eye Of The Mind (True), both A Rank?

If so.....FUCK. That shit means nothing phases him twice, makes him resistant to mental effects, and I think it gives a bonus to unarmed damage too.

And God fucking help us if he's got Nine Lives back.

EDIT: H'okay then, scratch those rumors.

30. EnderofWorlds

Anything locked by Mad Enhancement has been unlocked.