1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

To Last Time Itself {Faction/Empire Quest}

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ReinZero, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Ceslas

Ceslas Getting out there.

Wing101, I'm sorry to use my first post here to criticize someone, particularly someone who gave such excellent names for the water elemental and the staff, but Ken Horizon? Really? We can do better than that.

PC Name: Terun Kentaine
    Fathers Name: Percieval Kentaine
    Mother's Name: Rei Kentaine / Formerly Hajime Rei

Ninja Maid Name: Satsuki Mari
    Pet Names: (Do we need a name here?) Gamo
    Water Elemental: Anaklusmos
    Kitsune Twins: Sakura and Ume

As for appearance I like kinglugia's North-Western pic. Here it is again for reference.
    [img width=424 height=600]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/202/9/1/Comm__Black_Steel_Kurogane_by_mazjojo.jpg[/img]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Wing101

Wing101 Versed in the lewd.

I don't really mind but I'd just like to point out that were a Knight Clan migrated to the Far East and helped it stand were it is today. So I think an english or western sounding name for the family atleast would be better.

3. Ceslas

Rein just pointed that out to me. I've altered the names to be something more medieval while being a bit less generic than horizon. I kept Percival in the revised names as it does fit with the background. Sorry for the mess-up there are too many factors so to keep straight for a new guy.

4. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

I did note it was needed to be (North) Western for Family name. That aside, he fixed it. Pic is still borked though.

Anyhow, Ceslas is excused for those issues, accidents happen/everyone makes mistakes (like that one I made...).

5. Wing101

Cool names and no worries everyone makes mistakes especially on their first time.

6. ReinZero

So, any other votes on names or name proposals? Likewise for the PC's appearance.

And... any other things you guys think is worth voting/ironing out.

Like say, your Lineage's stuff. Currently backgroundnoise's idea is the only (fully valid) one, thus I am defaulting to that if there is nothing else proposed and voted for.

7. Wing101

Switching Vote to [X] Ceslas

As for Lineage Honestly I don't have a solid Idea.

But How about just putting this out there.

Phantasmal Mount using one's affinity to create a personal and modified beast that can serve as the mount of the Knight taking charateristics of the element and person to suit its Rider.

8. ReinZero

Technically, for certain reasons, that falls under Royalty. However, if we're talking a variation based on it, yes, it works for Fudai quality Pure Lineage. I will just note it is somewhat awkward for/with regard to the rest of the Lineage, but works. (No that is not a bad thing.)

Edit: Started on Update already. Everything locked now. No more vote changes and what not. :-X

9. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Are we voting on lineage powers yet?

10. Ceslas

Rein's been looking for votes on them since this morning.

11. Truthswraith

Truthswraith Making the rounds.

Just got home. For my points I'll just say I put them all into getting a stronger lineage if possible after all with the Samurai combat style lineage strength is more important. On the PC name and appearance I don't really care much about the name. I do think he should have blond hair though and maybe brown eyes. Something that feels knightly since his dad is a knight. I kind of feel he should feel like a mixture of a knight and Samurai in nature so both traits should kind of bleed out.

Lineage wise I'll just throw out the idea of using light to make lasers or bend it around things to make it utterly dark. Maybe blind a few people with it. I don't think Leadership or charisma boosts are possible unless you're a royal but I might as well throw the possibility out there.

12. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Honestly, I don't think a linage boost is that worth it considering that we didn't go for the strongest linage (Royalty). It's probably better to just make the best of what we have instead of trying to boost Linage more.

13. ReinZero

Light based sort of thing is valid for a Lineage. Leadership/Charisma boosts aren't valid however, though it is easier for royalty to pick it up due social position/status as opposed to anything else.

This one is basically the 'closest', just there's a difference between 'qualifies for Royalty' and 'Royalty itself'.

---

Anyhow, already about 1/3rd to half done with update.

14. Truthswraith

Thing there is that our fighting style depends a lot on our Lineage. More then say a typical light knights so a stronger one would be pretty useful.

Appearance wise. I'll toss a few ones out just to cause mishmash with the PCs fighting style vs his appearance.

[​IMG]
    http://oi61.tinypic.com/2lto95l.jpg

15. ReinZero

You are Kentaine Terun, the 7th Generation Head-to-be of the Kentaine Family of Light Knights. Though well, due to native cultural influences from the Far Eastern ‘empire’ that your Family has taken up residence in since the first Generation, it is a little hard to call it that… entirely anyways. The Kentaine Family is in ways akin to a Samurai Clan, though it’s been long held in check by influences of the older generations. Your Father, Percieval Kentaine, broke that hold by marrying your Mother, Hajime Rei of the Hajime Clan- a minor Clan of Samurai.

From what you’ve heard and in some cases, outright told, it was a rather shaky start, and took quite a bit of work on your parent’s part to convince them to allow for it. Complicated matters with regards to how Samurai handle such matters and affairs, which… you’re pretty sure will concern yourself eventually. But until that day, you’ll just have to make sure you never have to deal with that kind of complication.

Although one would consider the relationship between your Father’s side of the family and your Mother’s side to be equal… it isn’t. There is no way one can easily bridge the gap between both social positions, service records, and scope of resources and assets owned. In other words, your Mother’s Clan more or less winded up subordinate to your Father’s. It’s something your Father has taken great pains to stress that it was not intentional… whereas your Mother just seems to tune it out, as if he’s making a big deal out of nothing unusual.

Due the need to fulfill their justifications to your elders on your Father’s side, your parents are frequently absent, though your Mother isn’t gone that often. Which doesn’t seem to reassure her in the slightest, a sentiment you share, sometimes your Father is just a bit too stubborn against bringing your Mother along. It’s not like your education is in jeopardy if she’s not home. You have your Mother’s friend from her younger days to thank for that, a Miko by the name of- in non-Far Eastern order- Hisami Amano. She was your Mother’s junior, though from what you know and heard, she attended classes at Centuria for longer than your Mother. It’s a rather sore subject for your Mother, and one that neither touch upon. You know better than to broach the subject, especially after the first time.

As due consequence, and on your Mother’s instructions, you were taught along the lines that a Samurai would be, instead of a Knight’s education. Not that there seems to be too much a core difference outside of a difference in combat focus, so says Hisami. One of which results in you being taught to make the most of your Lineage, or rather, what abilities and benefits it imparts upon you.

Arctic Wings. A Ice element derived power that provides the benefit of flight, movement, and most importantly, a few immediate improvements towards your Ice element magics. The most obvious one is the fact that your Ice is no longer affected negatively by the climate and surrounding temperature- within a distance determined by your capability with Ice magic.

The name, your teacher says, is Arctic Wings. Not because of her ‘choice’ in any way, but due earlier precedents and whatever- you kind of filtered that out- resulted in such naming. But then again, that makes some sense given its aspects and its capabilities. All the same, Hisami noted that it is not the end stage or form of it, just the initial form of it. As a result, the name would probably change in due time accordingly and once it becomes something much less observed, then you should be able to give it a name that meets your fancy.

Which of course, then brings you to your Affinity for magic, or rather- the elements. Unsurprisingly, it shows for Ice and Wind… at first glance. But both women know better, it’s to be expected when one’s Lineage can dramatically influence it. A fact that holds true for yourself. Instead of just normal elements, your affinities are Arctic Ice and Arctic Wind- in other words, a Ice based variation of the two. Fortunately, unlike other instances of variations being rather… difficult to progression of one’s elements, they appear to provide the usual benefits that a normal elemental Affinity would do.

On the other hand, the tests arranged for by your Mother, with the Witches, turns up a negative on Aether. A shame, but one that isn’t particularly fatal in any way. Though, you will have to work on getting down use of Lightning element from your Wind element. It is a bit problematic in ways due to the combat focus of Samurai, thus resulting in your education being adjusted to accommodate it, thus detracting from the overall increase in schedule provided by your Affinities. At least, it isn’t enough to negate it.

Of course, it’s not like your entire time is taken up by studies. Nope, not at all, your Father wouldn’t stand for it even if your Mother would. Which she doesn’t, it wouldn’t be quite fair to you if you were the only one in your (immediate) family that had to put up with all work and no… fun. A small circle of ‘subordinates’ make up your immediate circle of what you could call ‘training’ for your ‘social life’. A maid, two foxes, and a elemental.

. . . Ok, maybe that’s a bit too harsh. First and senior-most, even age-wise to you, is ‘Satsuki Mari’, the maid assigned to you. Or at least officially she’s listed as merely a maid, but your parents know better a fact that was shared with you. Her name isn’t really ‘Satsuki Mari’, but it is as much her real name as much as she serves you and your parents. In other words, a Ninja. No matter how much she insists that she is a Shinobi and not a Ninja… well, there’s no difference, right? That and it doesn’t roll off the tongue as well as ‘Ninja Maid’, it’s a sentiment your parents share.

Her attire is more or less a normal maid outfit, though you’re pretty sure it doesn’t explain how she pulls off her ‘ninja’-y stunts at times. Which you’re sure is rather intentional of her- with regard to you seeing her do so. After all, it is pretty hard to call making practice motions that flaunt one’s well kept, black waist length hair and… black eyes anything but that. Well, given that her outfit is rather plain in comparison. Maybe you should change that some time?

Aside from Mari, there’s your trio of pets. Anaklusmos, your Water Elemental, who does her best to maintain a ‘cool’, prim and proper look. She often looks to Mari for advice and help with it, even as so far so to adjust her hair color to a shade of dark blue, though the length seems to vary at will. Her light blue eyes are still a rather tad obvious though, the varying shade of blue that is her pupil is pretty much a dead ringer for her heritage and… mostly an age thing from what you hear.

Then there’s the pair of Kitsune ‘Fox’ twins by the name of Sakura and Ume. Sure there’s some issue over the terminology but well, a ‘Kitsune’ is still a Fox no? You swear you’ve seen the pair nearly tripping over it, but well, jokes aside there’s no reason to call them that unless they prove themselves worthy of such. Of the two, Sakura is the older of the two, mostly due taking a more mature response and outlook whereas Ume is… just playful.

Or just playful enough to wind up as the victim of Akogawa Hinako’s good humor. Then again, that’s probably for the best what with her sister’s overreacting… good intentions. Akogawa Hanako, is the the eldest daughter of the current generation of the Akogawa Clan and is of your immediate guard, or as they call it a ‘personal guard’. Which is nice and good except that she’s… too serious about it, a fact that Hinako tries to help in her own way. Or maybe she’s just messing with her.

Outside of your pets and the subordinate Clan to your Family- and excluding your Mother’s Clan- you have two friends. Ito Kenta of the Ito Clan, a minor Samurai Clan that is trying to expand and build its own position in the nation, he’s also the heir of his Clan and has an elder sister who looks after and handles the more violent parts of things while Kenta himself seems to have been saddled with more of the domestic and other tasks. It’s a contrast to your situation that reminds you of how lucky you are that your parents don’t just drop it onto your lap under the pretext of ‘on hands experience’... without having taught you it first.

Aside from Kenta, your other friend is Yuna Atsuki, a girl your age from a family of Diviners. No, not a ‘Clan’-like family, just a normal family of two parents and their children. Yuna is the eldest daughter of the Atsuki family, though she has two elder brothers that take after their family’s craft. Her formality given the difference in your respective status is a bit stifling at times, though she’s a nice change of pace from the other… girls.

---​

On your twelfth birthday, something in particular happened. What was it…? (Choose One)
    [ ] An envoy from a Knight Order came.
    [ ] A small entourage of Samurai from another Clan visited your Family.
    [ ] A few Diviners came by to see your parents. (Yuna must be present.)
    [ ] An arranged meeting private meeting by Kenta. (Yuna cannot be present. Kenta will automatically be present.)
    [ ] Hisami broaching a subject with your parents.
    [ ] Going on a unsupervised trip with the sisters. (The Kitsune Fox sisters or the Akogawa sisters.)
    [ ] Something about Anaklusmos and Mari looking forward to an arranged trip they put together… with you. Of course, they never said anything about it being just you three…. (Anaklusmos and Mari will automatically be present. You can bring 2 other people.)

Who else is present/along at the time?
    [ ] Satsuki Mari
    [ ] The Kitsune Fox sisters
    [ ] The Akogawa sisters
    [ ] Ito Kenta
    [ ] Yuna Atsuki

---

Note #1: I’ll put up the Character Sheet later. Also, yes, Yuna’s name is the only one in Western order.

Note #2: Feel free to vote on appearance still.

16. Truthswraith

[X] An envoy from a Knight Order came.
    [X] Ito Kenta

17. Wing101

[X] Ito Kenta

Seems interesting and let's actually try to be friends with a guy this time.

18. ReinZero

He is part of your circle of friends. Which consists of just him and Yuna. The others don't count, technically speaking due other relations/etc. (Pet/Subordinate)

That aside, this is what happens when you guys ignored gender... And also helpfully supply names that implied gender. Thanks.

19. Wing101

Yeah I know I'm talking more about how the vast majority of BQ ends focusing too much on the girls. This lets have a bro with us as we rise.

20. Warslick

Warslick I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Ito Kenta

What is this friendship with guys thing? I have never heard of it before on QQ? Is it something you have just invented?

21. Serous

Serous Your friendly neighbourhood witch

[x] Something about Anaklusmos and Mari looking forward to an arranged trip they put together… with you. Of course, they never said anything about it being just you three…. (Anaklusmos and Mari will automatically be present. You can bring 2 other people.)

Lineage related?

[x] Ito Kenta
    [x] Yuna Atsuki

22. ReinZero

I'll answer this. No, it isn't. I did cover their relationship a little in the update itself, there's that.

23. Ceslas

[X] Something about Anaklusmos and Mari looking forward to an arranged trip they put together… with you. Of course, they never said anything about it being just you three…. (Anaklusmos and Mari will automatically be present. You can bring 2 other people.)
    [X] Ito Kenta
    [X] Yuna Atsuki

Time for a Road trip.

24. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Something about Anaklusmos and Mari looking forward to an arranged trip they put together… with you. Of course, they never said anything about it being just you three…. (Anaklusmos and Mari will automatically be present. You can bring 2 other people.)
    [X] Ito Kenta
    [X] Yuna Atsuki

25. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

[X] A few Diviners came by to see your parents. (Yuna must be present.)
    [X] Yuna Atsuki

Let's see what the future holds...

26. ReinZero

(Post Generation)[PC Character Sheet]

Name: Terun
    Family/Clan: Kentaine
    ‘Class’: (Pure Lineage) "Samurai"-in-Training
    Appearance: (Pending Vote Finalization)
    Affinity: Arctic Ice & Arctic Wind
    Lineage: Pure Lineage (Fudai)

Physical Stats: (Projected Stats when/at Age 18)
    Strength – A Rank
    Agility – A Rank
    Endurance – A Rank

Weapon Skills: (Projected Stats when/at Age 18)
    Swords (General) – A Rank
    Long Sword – A Rank
    Katana – A Rank
    Arming Sword – A Rank
    Shields (General) – A Rank
    Polearms (General) – A Rank
    Spear – A Rank
    Yari – A Rank
    Knives – A Rank

Elements: (Projected Stats when/at Age 18)
    Fire – B Rank
    Water – A Rank
    Arctic Ice – L Rank (+ 6 Ranks from Arctic Ice)
    Earth – B Rank
    Arctic Wind – EX Rank
    Lightning – A Rank

Magic Skills: (Projected Stats when/at Age 18)
    Magic Theory – S Rank
    Alteration – C Rank
    Reinforcement – A Rank
    Enchantment – A Rank
    Enhancement – A Rank

Personal Skills: (Projected Stats when/at Age 18)
    Instinct – A Rank
    Charming – C Rank
    Charisma – B Rank
    Arctic Wings (True) – [(Pure) Lineage]
    ---Affinity becomes Arctic Ice and Arctic Wind. Arctic Wings uses the corresponding Rank of the Element (Arctic Ice and/Or Arctic Wind) for it when in use. When using both Elements for it, it uses the average of the two Ranks.
    ---Within a set distance radiating from you, all Ice Element magic you use are not affected negatively by climate or mundane temperature. It is still affected by magical causes, but weakness is reduced.
    ---Using Arctic Ice and/or Arctic Wind, you may move through the air, or with increased speed and mobility on the ground.
    ---Using Arctic Ice and/or Arctic Wind, you can manifest wings of a hue of blue (varies based on your choice), which increases your speed and mobility in the air. You can only manifest a pair of wings presently. Each wing can be freely adjusted and considered an extension of yourself, though this is dependent on your power/Rank in them.
    ---You may form and strike out with Arctic Feathers, which normally are considered knives, though with additional power, they can be made into pointed polearms. They are normally used as projectiles but can be used as weapons instead if you so choose. They will float when around you and can be replaced indefinitely while your wings are manifested, with their capacity cost refunded immediately upon their destruction or dismissal. This resupply can exceed your capacity cap. Range is dependent on the average of both Elements.
    Arctic Ice – [(Pure) Lineage-Affinity]
    ---Replaces your Ice Element, and grants it increased power, adding Arctic Wind's Rank to it (no averaging). Ice's penalties to Fire Element is reduced to 1/3rd.
    Arctic Wind – [(Pure) Lineage-Affinity]
    ---Replaces your Wind Element, and grants it Ice properties and effects in addition to the normal properties of Wind Element. You may freely use it in place of Arctic Ice for Arctic Ice Element magic (however this does not proc the Rank bonus of Arctic Ice). Arctic Wind takes reduced penalties (reduced to 2/3rd) against and from Fire Element magic.
    Frostfang Blades (Minor) – [(Pure) Lineage]
    ------One of the powers granted by your Lineage, reflecting its secondary nature is the fact it is not the ‘True’ version of it, but a weaker, ‘Minor’ version. As a result, when making/forming Ice Arctic Ice element blades, your Rank is increased by 2.
    Fortress of the Sky (Lesser) – [(Pure) Lineage]
    ---One of the powers granted by your Lineage, reflecting its secondary nature is the fact it is not the ‘True’ version of it, but a weaker, ‘Lesser’ version. As a result, its primary and main effect increases your Wind Arctic Wind element by 2 Ranks when defending. Also enables innate aerial movement (fairly slow, but doesn't need magic to perform).

27. EagleBlue

EagleBlue Getting sticky.

[X] Ito Kenta

28. Warslick

New to this type of quest, but how does the ranking system go?

29. Ceslas

Basically, at first it's your standard grading system (C,B,A) which represent relatively standard degrees of competence. After that you have grades like (S, EX, L) which represent almost supernatural levels of quality. Also, seeing as though we're talking, why are you voting for the Knight envoy?

30. Warslick

It gives a chance to meet someone outside of what our main training is. We are being trained as Samurai basically and delving into our mothers side of the lineage. This would give us a chance to see more of our fathers side of the lineage and to expand our base instead of concentrating it.