1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For a trial period of one week, allowed avatar size has been increased to 256kb, up from 51.2kb. During this time, if the forum seems to be loading slow, drop by the topic in the Announcements & Rules sub to let me know.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. QQ will be down for upgrades starting at 2030 EDT. Please be prepared and save any work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. To the many new members following Mr Zoat to our forum, I would suggest a quick read of our Rules. Don't worry, it's not a long post. Pay special attention to Rule 8. We are deadly serious about it.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. To make things official, I have added a proper description of the method to appeal a moderator action in the Rules thread.
    Dismiss Notice

To Last Time Itself {Faction/Empire Quest}

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ReinZero, Aug 26, 2014.

  1. Adyen

    Adyen Experienced.

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    3,945
    Likes Received:
    2,730
    Well, do business reps you know of look like they're wearing cheap $50 dollar suits and sports shoes when they're off to make billion dollar negotiations? (Mark Zuckerberg is the exception to the rule cause he's a fucking over-confident idiot who had to see his IPO crash before realizing that how someone dresses matters.)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Warslick

    Warslick I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2014
    Messages:
    582
    Likes Received:
    513
    No they do not. But this guys is wearing a suit of armor, which is probably appropriate for this time frame, especially when representing a Knightly order to Court.. The only thing that is outlandish is the color scheme to it. For all we know they are the Knights of Fire, or have some similar. Alflami could be for All Flame or something similar and the leader of the order takes this name, or the Lord could of chosen the color scheme to match his name.

    Then again, depending on how close our armor is to historical Japanese style Samurai armor, having crimson armor is not that outlandish at all. You just have to google Samurai armor and you could see the variety of colors they have on armor. This ranges from yellows and reds to blacks and purples. His crimson with red tinge armor really does not seem out of place to me.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. ReinZero

    ReinZero "Corruption is Magic!"

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2013
    Messages:
    4,973
    Likes Received:
    8,648
    On armor, I'll just note it here.

    IC Knowledge:
    0) Fire magic is not uncommon enough to make most armor a good idea in a battle... unless you're more than capable of flattening your (usual) opposition. Which contributes heavily to full body armor being a rarity, though armor is used still, just primarily concealed and generally not as the first line of defense for the wearer but the last. Armor does tend to work out better if you have skills that can help buff it.
    1) Heavy Knights and Alchemical Knights are two well known Knight types/classifications that do wear a full suit of plate armor. The former is akin to more traditional fantasy Knights, except with sub-par (compared to other Knight types/classifications) elemental magic. Alchemical Knights OTOH, make full use of Alchemy for their armor.
    2) Most other Knight types/classifications incorporate armor into their attire, though visual obliviousness is primarily reserved for formalities or the like (it isn't the only way though for formalities). Notably, Witch Knights do not wear plate armor or the like at all.
    3) Light Knights are the in-verse equivalent of genre-correct Knights and are both highly skilled in magic and combat. They tend not to use full body plate armor, though they do make routine use of concealed armor. Some richer ones do maintain a suit of plate armor for formalities though.
    4) Samurai on the other hand, are about the same as Light Knights on the matter. Though exceptions due Lineage exist and those are amongst the ones that take using armor very very very stupidly seriously (they keep dedicated smiths around).
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Adyen

    Adyen Experienced.

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    3,945
    Likes Received:
    2,730
    Uhhh... that totally did not invalidate my statement that people send an envoy with a representative to represent what they want to be known for. If it's a Knight Order, then sending someone in full diplomatic plates isn't out of the ordinary either.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Warslick

    Warslick I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2014
    Messages:
    582
    Likes Received:
    513
    The way you said it it sounded like you were saying that this guying was almost wearing peasant clothes while representing his order in court [Wearing cheap $50 clothes to make billion dollar deal]. My take was that he was wearing armor to court, and that it was appropriate for the circumstances. It being crimson should not make a difference here, especially if this is a set of courtly armor as court clothes are often brighter and/or more extravagant.

    Although my take that it might represent fire element affinity seems to be off from what Rein said.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. Truthswraith

    Truthswraith Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2013
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    0
    This guy seems to have a fixation on Terun. I get the feeling he doesn't care about the far east things around but it is probably something a bit more then that. He hasn't done anything bad enough to get kicked out yet. So it's probably a personal dislike of Samurai or the likes. It's not women and children because we know he is mostly focused on Terun here who is pretty young and if he felt that way he would probably default to Percieval instead. If he had a thing against the far east religion he would probably be a church knight right now.

    He doesn't seem to care to much about the eastern culture but he also hasn't seemed to say anything that would give her a cause to kick him out yet. I get the feeling he being a knight just wants another knight to make the decision here. The order itself is also mostly unknown to Terun as well so we really don't know much about them right now. I think I'll go for this.

    Why is it like this then?
    [X] He's doing it intentionally, he must have something against...
    ---[X] Samurai as a whole.

    Though then, why is the one chosen for this task?
    [X] The one responsible for assigning people for this task didn't know about his choice's biases.


    How should you proceed then?
    [X] Let him attempt to clean up his act. "Please, continue."


    I think this should do for now. It may be that someone did set this up but we should give the benefit of a doubt before going for that idea just due to lack of evidence. It's also possible he really doesn't have much of a bias and is really just this bad at it but it's easier to just assume he has one for now until we see otherwise. The effects are as of now mostly the same if it's far east culture or just Samurai in general and if it's just being bad at this that should show at some point. We should keep the conversation going with us right now because he seems pretty fixated and the more he talks the more of an idea we get of him and the less chance of him crossing a line due to him and Rei not getting along.

    After the talks we can always request a recess to talk to our friends alone anyway and find out anything Kenta/Rei may have noticed during the talks that we didn't. I find it a good idea to ask about lord Alflam and his order though. Since he did mention the possibility of sponsorship we have a pretty good reason to ask deeper questions here.
     
  7. ReinZero

    ReinZero "Corruption is Magic!"

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2013
    Messages:
    4,973
    Likes Received:
    8,648
    You frown from behind your fan. His actions and intentions, if they are just outright against Far Eastern culture as a whole, it'd make some sense with regards to his stubbornness towards your Mother's simple request, while acquiescing towards yours. Though all the same, it could be merely because he's trying to cover all his bases so he can't be blamed for his failure. Of course, he could just be simply echoing the views of their Order, or at least someone of importance within it- say this 'Lord Alflami'. "I have not heard of your Order or your 'Lord Alflami' before, but perhaps you can describe them to me?"

    The Knight closes his eyes for a moment before grunting once, nodding as he does. "Very well," he says as he opens his eyes once more, "The Order of the Scarlet Knights was formed under the direction of the Light Knight Ferdinand Alflami as a joint endeavor towards a more...varied order of knights. The choice of name was said to have been because it was the single, unifying name that the founding members could agree upon through preference for fire or the color itself."

    His words and composure appeared normal enough. The key factor of course is the fact it merely appeared that way, something you'd pick up on well enough from your time spent with the girls... and Kenta. Regular antics like the sort they do or get involved in tends to help breed a keen eye for details and implications that one attempts to conceal or distort in an attempt to convey a technical truth. In any case, the Knight sounds clearly displeased of a certain aspect of the Order, though it begs the question: Why is he in it still?

    "Our Order is the only one within the Kingdom of Aforza, though due certain circumstances, we are but limited in what we can... offer in exchange," continues the Knight, his intonation more an annoyance at one point, but otherwise seemingly an attempt at staying neutral.

    Hm... the Kindom of Aforza? You don't seem to recall any kingdoms by or of that name. You do recall a province in the neighboring country to the east of the domains under your Family's oversight being named that. But you keep yourself neutral and motion for him to continue. Maybe it isn't that simple.

    "Judging from your curiosity of the Kingdom, it'd seem the information suppression was more through than he thought,"

    You raise your eyebrows and just stare at him for a few moments. "Then explain."

    Nodding, the Knight speaks, "After the last war with the Yamagi Shogunate, the province of Aforza declared independence from the tyranny of the Alfanz Empire. It wasn't the only one... but none of the others lasted passed the first decade of their independence. The causes vary, but in the end, none of the Knights in those nations stayed after their nations fell."

    You clear your face of its frown as realization clicks, or rather the faintest of such, "Thank you, I seem to have recalled a bit, enough to say that the information suppression does not truly exist, but rather the... plight of splinter nations were beyond the scope and degree that the Shogunate could intervene in. If anything, the efforts at suppression made by the Alfanz Empire is a joke. But this Order still, I am certain I have not heard of it before."

    "If the information suppression is truly a joke, then you would know of... say, the Knights of Aforza?"

    "Yes, the only notable division of Knights within Aforza, correct-", and the realization clicks in your mind, "it's a shame about the name change."

    The Knight brings his hand over his mouth in an attempt, in futility, to hide his chuckle, "Yes, it's a shame. But otherwise we would suffer the same fate as the others if no action was taken to expand the Aforza's prospective options in light of... certain information."

    "Classified?"

    "I wouldn't know, that's basically the exact thing I was told," replies the Knight. "Now then, I suppose your response?"

    "Before that, there's one more thing we need to go over," you say.

    The Knight tilts his head slightly, before blinking in what is probably realization, "Ah yes, the Order would prefer it if Knights would join... but well, alternatives would do as well. But due to... budgeting constraints and other factors, we cannot provide monetary reimbursement, and given the Kingdom's location, neither in support either. If there's a proposal you have in mind I can relay it."

    With a proper grasp on the situation now you....
    [ ] Agree to lending them a small guild hall free of routine costs. "Shouldering the costs... fine."
    [ ] Reject outright. "Satsuki, show him the way out."
    [ ] Make a proposal, specifically one that's seen use in and between Clans. "I suppose a daughter of some standing as collateral to demonstrate the Order's goodwill and intentions?"
    [ ] Something Else? (Write In.)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  8. Adyen

    Adyen Experienced.

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    3,945
    Likes Received:
    2,730
    [X] Write-In
    -[X] "A more... pressing concern is the question of what is the goal of the Order. Would you mind answering that?"
     
  9. Wing101

    Wing101 I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2013
    Messages:
    760
    Likes Received:
    176
    [X] Write-In
    -[X] "A more... pressing concern is the question of what is the goal of the Order. Would you mind answering that?"

    Hmm Yeah I think we need to learn this,
     
  10. kinglugia

    kinglugia A Randy Avian

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    16,802
    Likes Received:
    19,040
    ...Can someone tell me what the hell is this all about? Aforza, Aforza and Aforza?
    [me=kinglugia]is hopelessly confused @_@[/me]
     
  11. ReinZero

    ReinZero "Corruption is Magic!"

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2013
    Messages:
    4,973
    Likes Received:
    8,648
    The last remaining splinter faction out of about 6 total, all of which took the previous war between the Alfanz Empire (to your immediate east) and the Yamagi Shogunate.

    As to the goal of the Order, that's already stated in between the lines. Now why would a small kingdom that lost its companion rebel states form a Order out of its key assets because they obtained classified information? And if it weren't for preexisting obligations and loyalties, why would he (the envoy) have stuck with the Order despite his disdain towards certain aspects of the Order? It's also the same pointed case with regards to why the Order can't provide anything despite it's want/need (at the present anyways). Besides, the flat out statement towards preference towards recruitment is also fairly glaring.

    It's also directly noted that the Yamagi Shogunate couldn't directly intervene at the time due to their own resources being stretched to protect itself/prevent hostile invasion of it. But that it did contribute to ruining the Alfanz Empire's attempts at preventing other nations of learning about it's rebellions/splinter nations.

    Empires tend to have plenty of enemies or at least those who would prefer to see empires fall (it is kind of hard to start up a nation when a empire can easily flatten fledgling kingdoms and other small nations). Effectively speaking, what happened to the Alfanz Empire was what the Yamagi Shogunate was (also, by extension) trying to avoid as quelling breakaway nations ties up and wastes a lot out if resources and resources that can then result in setbacks which also allow for other nations to complicate matters further.
     
  12. Wing101

    Wing101 I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2013
    Messages:
    760
    Likes Received:
    176
    [X] Make a proposal, specifically one that's seen use in and between Clans. "I suppose a daughter of some standing as collateral to demonstrate the Order's goodwill and intentions?"
     
  13. Adyen

    Adyen Experienced.

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    3,945
    Likes Received:
    2,730
    Well, it's kinda obvious what they want to do with the Guild Hall. Problem is, can we actually 'afford' to do so.

    While it's a possibly good opportunity, it's also a huge risk as there's no way to ensure that they won't want to take a chunk of our own holding to 'rebuild their homeland' or something.

    I honestly feel that it would be better to to reject him at this point, but ask that someone of a higher rank than him to come negotiate instead. Maybe throw that if negotiations are successful, then we might shoulder the costs and even give some extras if we agree with their plans.

    We don't actually gain anything from agreeing right now except a possible risk. We don't know what the chances are that the Order will be able to regain their homelands, and we don't know how strong they are that we can afford to give them a Guild Hall.

    I'm not a big fan of the whole 'leap of faith' thing, so I'll keep my current vote as is.
     
  14. Adyen

    Adyen Experienced.

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    3,945
    Likes Received:
    2,730
    Hmm. Having double checked with Rein and finding that the kingdom this Order came from still actually exists, I'll change my vote to:

    [X] Make a proposal, specifically one that's seen use in and between Clans. "I suppose a daughter of some standing as collateral to demonstrate the Order's goodwill and intentions?"
     
  15. Happerry

    Happerry The Song to the Flame

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    3,159
    Likes Received:
    3,129
    [X] Make a proposal, specifically one that's seen use in and between Clans. "I suppose a daughter of some standing as collateral to demonstrate the Order's goodwill and intentions?"
     
  16. Warslick

    Warslick I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2014
    Messages:
    582
    Likes Received:
    513
    [X] Make a proposal, specifically one that's seen use in and between Clans. "I suppose a daughter of some standing as collateral to demonstrate the Order's goodwill and intentions?"

    Should work, but maybe having the daughter become a ward of the family instead of having her as collateral would work better. I think that is the more traditional way. Same concept but you are being more polite about it.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  17. Truthswraith

    Truthswraith Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2013
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    0
    [X] Agree to lending them a small guild hall free of routine costs. "Shouldering the costs... fine."
     
  18. kinglugia

    kinglugia A Randy Avian

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    16,802
    Likes Received:
    19,040
    [X] Make a proposal, specifically one that's seen use in and between Clans. "I suppose a daughter of some standing as collateral to demonstrate the Order's goodwill and intentions?"
     
  19. ReinZero

    ReinZero "Corruption is Magic!"

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2013
    Messages:
    4,973
    Likes Received:
    8,648
    You maintain silence for a few seconds longer as if in deeper thought than you truly were. Yes, you'll accept... but on your terms. Since they have nothing to pay with nor service for hire, yet are also affiliated with a non-allied nation, that leaves one simple solution, "I suppose a daughter of some standing as collateral to demonstrate the Order's goodwill and intentions?"

    The Knight blinks, not in surprise but rather... stunned? He quickly fakes a cough to cover his lapse in composure, "I will convey your proposal. Please expect a reply within the month at worst, though it should only take a week at most." The Knight pauses for a moment as he considers something, "If it is accepted, the transfer may take about a month, though naturally we will not ask you for your part of the deal until ours is complete."

    You nod and snap the fan close and slip it back into your sleeve in one movement, “Then we have an agreement.”

    “Not quite,” says your Mother, however, her tone seems rather pleased instead of annoyed from before. “You may leave with your friend, I’ll handle the rest from here.”

    You trade Kenta a look if it’s fine with him. His response is rather simple, and the usual ‘sure, as long as it doesn’t get us in trouble’. So you roll with it, “It’s ok Mother, but may we attend?”

    She considers it for a few moments, “Do what you will, however, you will keep silent. Is that clear? Same goes for your friend.”

    ““Yes, I understand.””

    ---Some time afterwards---​

    [Corridor]

    “That was… informative,” you muse. Though admittedly, a fair bit of it went over your head, but you think you remembered enough to look it up later.

    “Just informative?” Kenta grins, “It was worth it. Thank you very much (for that).”

    You wave it off, “For a friend, that much is nothing.”

    “That’s because Kentaine-dono allows for you to participate, or at least be present for such meetings. My father doesn’t allow me to do so,” replies Kenta. He sighs and shakes his head, “He claims that it’d ‘be a bad influence’ upon me.”

    You scratch your head. It isn’t entirely untrue, just, as your parents say, highly subjective. ”Well…”
    [ ] “That’s True.”
    [ ] “No, it isn’t.”
    [ ] “I think it depends as much on you as it does the case in question.”

    ---​

    [One Week Later]

    Like the Knight said, a week later you receive a response. “Your conditions are acceptable. She’ll be arriving within a month’s time with an escort. The escort will depart upon her safe arrival.” Nothing fancy, nor much else of note occurred.

    Speaking of conditions, one of them included whom was going to be responsible for keeping an eye on the girl (and her safety) during her ‘stay’.

    Whom was it?
    [ ] The Ito Clan
    [ ] The Akogawa Clan
    [ ] The Kentaine Family 1 more follow up update if chosen instead of next year.

    The girl’s standing?
    [ ] The ‘do not ask certain questions for everyone’s own good’ sort of high standing.
    [ ] Quite very high, also quite unusual- if not rare- given the stated implications.
    [ ] Very high, a little unusual due to exceeding the usual extent this ‘stay’ would bring.
    [ ] High, maybe a little underwhelming due to the nature and context of the agreement.

    ---​

    Over the next year, one event occurred that stood out to you, it was…
    [ ] The visit by a small entourage of Samurai from another Clan visited your Family.
    [ ] An arranged meeting private meeting by Kenta. (Yuna cannot be present. Kenta will automatically be present.)
    [ ] Hisami broaching a subject with your parents.
    [ ] Something about Anaklusmos and Mari looking forward to an arranged trip they put together… with you. Of course, they never said anything about it being just you three…. (Anaklusmos and Mari will automatically be present. You can bring 2 other people.)
    [ ] Your studies going smoothly. (No Event for this Year. Projected Stats increases.)

    Who else is present/along at the time?
    [ ] Satsuki Mari
    [ ] The Kitsune Fox sisters
    [ ] The Akogawa sisters Cannot be selected if the girl is left with them.
    [ ] Ito Kenta Cannot be selected if the girl is left with him.
    [ ] Yuna Atsuki
     
  20. Wing101

    Wing101 I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2013
    Messages:
    760
    Likes Received:
    176
    You scratch your head. It isn’t entirely untrue, just, as your parents say, highly subjective. ”Well…”
    [X] “I think it depends as much on you as it does the case in question.”

    Whom was it?
    [X] The Kentaine Family

    The girl’s standing?
    [X] The ‘do not ask certain questions for everyone’s own good’ sort of high standing.
     
  21. Truthswraith

    Truthswraith Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2013
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    0
    [X] “I think it depends as much on you as it does the case in question.”
    [X] The Akogawa Clan
    [X] The ‘do not ask certain questions for everyone’s own good’ sort of high standing.

    [X] Your studies going smoothly. (No Event for this Year. Projected Stats increases.)
     
  22. kinglugia

    kinglugia A Randy Avian

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    16,802
    Likes Received:
    19,040
    [X] “I think it depends as much on you as it does the case in question.”
    [X] The Akogawa Clan
    [X] The ‘do not ask certain questions for everyone’s own good’ sort of high standing.

    [X] An arranged meeting private meeting by Kenta. (Yuna cannot be present. Kenta will automatically be present.)

    [X] The Kitsune Fox sisters
     
  23. ReinZero

    ReinZero "Corruption is Magic!"

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2013
    Messages:
    4,973
    Likes Received:
    8,648
    Ahem, just to clear up potential misguided intentions...:

    1) Studies vote will not increase any of the Personal Skills (further).
    2) Personal Skills can be developed further through certain events (and their handling).
    3) Some few Events can award stat gains depending on performance.
    4) Shinys obtainment will be harder once childhood phase ends, OTOH that applies likewise to stat growth (due taking on duties, roles, and leadership stuffs~).
    5) Some choices will reappear, some might change, but others will be lost forever.

    So choose wisely!
     
  24. Malcolmo

    Malcolmo Insert custom title here

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    2,412
    Likes Received:
    2,643
    [X] “I think it depends as much on you as it does the case in question.”
    [X] The Kentaine Family 1 more follow up update if chosen instead of next year.
    [X] The ‘do not ask certain questions for everyone’s own good’ sort of high standing.

    This seems likely to end in an interesting manner which is why I'm picking it, admittedly it does increase the likelihood of us getting assassins visiting or something equally dangerous.
     
  25. Ceslas

    Ceslas Getting out there.

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2014
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    [X] “I think it depends as much on you as it does the case in question.”
    [X] The Kentaine Family
    [X] The ‘do not ask certain questions for everyone’s own good’ sort of high standing.
     
  26. ReinZero

    ReinZero "Corruption is Magic!"

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2013
    Messages:
    4,973
    Likes Received:
    8,648
    Relations - Kenta = No Change
    [Three Weeks Later]

    The 'hostage' or ahem, girl, arrives without problems or issue. Like promised, her guard of four Knights all departed immediately upon confirming that your Family's greeting party was authentic. A justified concern, you would do the same thing in their stead as well. That's why your Mother had arranged for a Witch Knight to conduct a check through Contract magic.

    Contracts are done through and require Aether to perform and form a 'temporary' bond that forces the persons whom sign it to adhere to it. However, its effectiveness depends on how skilled the person performing the Contract is... versus how powerful the person s signing it are. The stronger the signer is than the Contractor, the shorter the duration- to outright failure. That's why they don't verify through the Knights themselves, but verify it through the girl.

    "Yes, I'm here on behalf of Order of the Scarlet Knights under instruction by the head of the Order, Ignace Alflami and by recommendation of the King of Aforza," says the girl as she moves to curtsy, her light violet hair nearly touching the ground in the process. "My name is Aria Alflami."

    As she finishes her curtsying, she transitions into a bow, "Please take care of me." She pauses, tilting her head upwards slightly, a questioning glance from her violet eyes. "That's how it goes, correct?"

    "It'll do," remarks your Mother, her tone rather slightly pleased. "A room's been arranged for you. It should be to suitable for your needs."

    You say nothing as your brain tries to catch up with the sight before you. Initially you had planned on giving a tour around her to-be residence for the time to come, though this... unexpected situation has just about rendered it rather... risky. Certainly they don't or won't need to intentionally seek to break their word, but there's much less to say about the one being held 'hostage' for the duration being exactly content about it. It's part of why adults are generally avoided for hostage exchanges.

    "You're over thinking it," your Mother says, clearly addressed to you. She motions, "Shina and your maid will accompany you."

    "Yes, Kentaine-dono," says a certain female voice. Oh right, Kenta's sister. You recognize her jet black ponytail and style of dress, a pseudo-armor styled attire with several sections comprised of actual armor- if ambit with the appearance of being worn out through heavy use- its river patterned design is easy on the eyes though the color is rather muted as if mimicking the worn out look of the armor pieces themselves.

    You haven't spoken much with her, likewise in terms of interaction, outside of her few instance of accompanying Kenta on his trips over or part of picking him up as he leaves your place. And of course, by maid she means Satsuki. Right, the two of them should be about able to at least contain matters should the one calling herself 'Aria Alflami' try something. "Understood Mother. Please excuse us, we'll be leaving first."

    Your Mother merely nods in affirmation at the formality, while Aria straightens up and makes a quick (respectful) half how and moves to follow after you. Shina does the same, as you've already covered the verbal portion for the three of you. Of course, Satsuki, being a ninja maid, doesn't do so as far as you can see given that she's formally absent from the meeting.

    ---​

    [Corridor]

    "There's no need to be that tense," mutters Aria.

    "Given the positions of everyone involved and certain other factors, I'm given to disagree with that," you reply in turn without turning your head. You just keep walking on forward to the next destination.

    "Well... it's not," denies Aria, "Beside, if it were actually serious, I'm pretty sure Kentaine-dono would place a heavier guard and wouldn't have had you take me on this tour. Am I right?" She pauses for a moment, "On the address."

    "...," you bit your lip for a moment as you go over the few other relevant bits. Certainly your Mother wouldn't make that much or big of an error. But all the same, it is a pretty big task for you. Not to mention your first... relations based duty that you're entirely responsible for. So it is serious, just to you that is. "Yes, the address is correct. However, seriousness is subjective."

    "Is that so?" Aria's tone seems rather slightly interested. "Well then Mr. Diligent, I'll hold you to that then."

    "I refuse," you retort, by reflex. "And you have the wrong person if you're referring to 'diligent'. Isn't that right?"

    "Yes, though it isn't by choice," replies Shina.

    "A lot of things aren't by choice," you say, with much care and consideration to Aria's circumstances, "but rather what's for the best of many."

    "The 'best of many'?" scoffs Aria as she shakes her head, "That may be so from one perspective, but from another perspective, it's for personal gain."

    You're not sure who she's referring to though you hope, for your mutual relations for the foreseeable future, that she isn't referring to you. "Certainly one can view it that way. But isn't that rather pessimistic?"

    "Is it now?" muses Aria, "If the one in question is in a position of leadership or rulership, then is it pessimistic if it is judged to be for one's gain due the significance of it?"

    It's...
    [ ] Pessimistic...
    [ ] Understandable...
    [ ] Wrong...
    [ ] ? (Write In)

    ---​

    Over the next year, one event occurred that stood out to you, it was…
    [ ] A few Diviners came by to see your parents. (Yuna must be present.)
    [ ] The visit by a small entourage of Samurai from another Clan visited your Family.
    [ ] An arranged meeting private meeting by Kenta. (Yuna cannot be present. Kenta will automatically be present.)
    [ ] Hisami broaching a subject with your parents.
    [ ] Hanako Akogawa makes a friend?! (Akogawa sisters automatically present. Can only optionally bring Kenta.)
    [ ] Aria's boredom reaches its peak... and then some. (Aria will be automatically present.)
    [ ] Your studies going smoothly. (No Event for this Year. Projected Stats increases.)

    Who else is present/along at the time?
    [ ] Satsuki Mari
    [ ] The Kitsune Fox sisters
    [ ] The Akogawa sisters
    [ ] Ito Kenta
    [ ] Yuna Atsuki
    [ ] Aria Alflami
     
  27. Adyen

    Adyen Experienced.

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    3,945
    Likes Received:
    2,730
    [X] I think that you can only measure success by how much not only you, but the people who you're helping or is helping gains.

    [X] Aria's boredom reaches its peak... and then some. (Aria will be automatically present.)
    [X] Aria Alflami
    [X] The Kitsune Fox sisters
    [X] Ito Kenta
     
  28. Wing101

    Wing101 I trust you know where the happy button is?

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2013
    Messages:
    760
    Likes Received:
    176
    [X] I think that you can only measure success by how much not only you, but the people who you're helping or is helping gains.

    [X] Aria's boredom reaches its peak... and then some. (Aria will be automatically present.)
    [X] Aria Alflami
    [X] The Kitsune Fox sisters
    [X] Ito Kenta
     
  29. Truthswraith

    Truthswraith Making the rounds.

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2013
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    0
    [X] Understandable...
    [X] Aria's boredom reaches its peak... and then some. (Aria will be automatically present.)

    [X] The Akogawa sisters
    [X] Aria Alflami
    [X] The Kitsune Fox sisters

    Time for pain. Pure pain.
     
  30. Malcolmo

    Malcolmo Insert custom title here

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2013
    Messages:
    2,412
    Likes Received:
    2,643
    [X] Understandable...
    [X] Aria's boredom reaches its peak... and then some. (Aria will be automatically present.)

    Understandable works pretty well as a neutral response that doesn't really approve or disapprove of her statements. It probably won't give any bonus to relationships with her, similar to how our statement to Kenta didn't change our relations with him.

    Also, what does our character know about violet hair and eyes? Because judging by the emphasis given on them I'd say there's something important about them.

    [X] Aria's boredom reaches its peak... and then some. (Aria will be automatically present.)

    [X] Aria Alflami
    [X] The Kitsune Fox sisters
    [X] Ito Kenta