1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

I'll point out that I've purposefully worded my vote as something I think an academy student would know about. The vote isn't the most accurate because I took into account that, as a merely a student, Mio wouldn't know about the deeper intricacy of Nature Transformation. Likewise, I singled out Suiton and Doton because these two elements are the most obvious when it come to external chakra manipulation, so they're the one that even an ignorant civilian would think about first if they were asked about "manipulating an element".

Candesce likes this.
  2. SCO

SCO Getting sticky.

Hey... i just had a terrible (wonderful) thought. If we manage this before Naruto gets highjacked into a team we might get to make a Yin-Yang creation combination technique by accident by taunting Naruto with a attention grabbing method he doesn't have. He'll naturally try to reproduce it with huge amounts of physical energy right then and there...

3. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

And possibly die. Or explode.
    Yes, those are separate possibilities.

4. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

Doesn't he have plot armor?

5. Valette-Serafina

But armour only protects against things coming from outside. Exploding with it on would just produce plot shrapnel.

Mokou, Zum, SETIFAN and 8 others like this.
  6. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

*cringes*

Zum and 1986ctcel like this.
  7. SolipsistSerpent

SolipsistSerpent Endlessly Devouring

We'll just have to steal it. Like Aizen in that one comedy fanfic, after which he repurposed his quirky miniboss squad to being 'heroic protagonists'.

8. KinKrow

KinKrow A DREAM ABOUT DREAMING

God I fucking loved that.

Poor Hitsugaya.

Poor, poor Hitsugaya.

9. prandom

prandom Definitely Trustworthy

What fanfic is that?

10. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

11. KinKrow

'Being Hitsugaya is Suffering' the fanfiction.

12. Threadmarks: Breaking Down Stuff
    Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

"Can't it?" you ask. "This is a Jounin we're talking about, here."

"It doesn't matter if we were talking about the Hokage." Saki insists. "It doesn't matter what your rank is, chakra works the way it works. It's a fundamental force, like gravity. That's like saying that fire can be wet if you're a Jounin."

You cross your arms.

"No. Do not. Try to make wet fire." Saki says, sternly. "You'll kill yourself and maybe make steam."

"Mhm?" you say, obstinately. "Then you're saying that just because we know how to do a lot of things, we shouldn't try to work out ways to learn how to do more? Besides, what about elemental techniques..."

"You don't throw chakra out and then try to make it into a technique afterward." Saki stresses, then leans back and sighs. "You make the Jutsu first, and then you let the chakra go. That's how it works, it's even usually in the names... like your clan's favorite coming of age jutsu. You release fire-natured chakra that is shaped into a great fireball."

... You scowl, not really wanting to discuss the traditions of the Uchiha clan.

Still, what you've learned...

"He's definitely venting chakra for something, though." you point out.

"I said it looked like he might be doing it deliberately, but I wasn't sure." Saki objects. "That sort of thing is what some debilitating poisons do, limiting the ability of enemy ninja! Doing it to yourself would be counterproductive..."

Yeah, yeah, you've stopped listening.

---

[ ] If he's doing it, it's possible. To vent a lot of your chakra out and then do stuff with it afterward, you mean. And you're going to try.
    [ ] If you have to do stuff first, but Gai isn't doing anything that can be called a jutsu... maybe he does most of the genjutsu in advance, and then lets it seep out a bit at a time?
    [ ] ??

13. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

[X] If he's doing it, it's possible. To vent a lot of your chakra out and then do stuff with it afterward, you mean. And you're going to try.
    -[X] So what if you don't get results right off the bat? You're not a jounin (yet). If it's hard, that proooobably just means you need to balance your chakras more - so obviously that means upping your athleticism to get more Physical chakra. 'Sides, the guy you're trying to copy kind of has to be more Physical-chakra-leaning than you, right? Right.
    --[X] Oh look at that, the thing you'll be doing to facilitate experimenting with Gai's trick is the sort of stuff Guy loves to both do and encourage; clearly the fact that you'll have more chances to watch his bullshit in action and puzzle out secrets is because, as THE GREAT DEVIL QUEEN, you are wise beyond your years no matter what you set out to do.

The meta considerations as to what is true in-quest regarding chakra mechanics are irrelevant to me; GREAT DEVIL QUEEN MIO, in character, is far too headstrong and arrogant to not think this, I feel.

DarkLight140, Splodge, Merior and 3 others like this.
  14. asdx

asdx Mouth Pussy

[X] If he's doing it, it's possible. To vent a lot of your chakra out and then do stuff with it afterward, you mean. And you're going to try.

15. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

[X] Bob's Beard

More MIO!

Nanimani likes this.
  16. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

[X] Bob's Beard

17. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

Maybe it has nothing to do with the genjutsu and itsa form of training? If so tryng to imitate it could be dangerous. Gai did it infront of a shortshigted Hyuga so he has to know Mio will try...

[X] Bob's Beard

For now ill trust in Bobs MIOness.

CrossyCross likes this.
  18. Valette-Serafina

[X] Bob's Beard

I happen to agree with that reasoning, so I shall cast my vote to back it up.

19. EvaUnit01

EvaUnit01 The man who stands at the top of AAWWEESSOOOMEEE

-[X] So what if you don't get results right off the bat? You're not a jounin (yet). If it's hard, that proooobably just means you need to balance your chakras more - so obviously that means upping your athleticism to get more Physical chakra. 'Sides, the guy you're trying to copy kind of has to be more Physical-chakra-leaning than you, right? Right.
    --[X] Oh look at that, the thing you'll be doing to facilitate experimenting with Gai's trick is the sort of stuff Guy loves to both do and encourage; clearly the fact that you'll have more chances to watch his bullshit in action and puzzle out secrets is because, as THE GREAT DEVIL QUEEN, you are wise beyond your years no matter what you set out to do.

20. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Once more the Beard nods the head.

21. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

[X] If you have to do stuff first, but Gai isn't doing anything that can be called a jutsu... maybe he does most of the genjutsu in advance, and then lets it seep out a bit at a time?

Here's an interesting thought - what if, when Gai started training Lee, it was because he saw himself in the boy? As in, more of himself than we think. What if the venting of chakra is not a self-induced handicap?

22. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

I feel kind of bad for her. She has all the mental drawbacks of being a jounin with none of the benefits.

It kind of makes me cringe because I both simultaneously get and don't get characters like her. I'd be a puddle of depression barely flopping from day to day in her position.

23. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Bob's Beard

24. theBSDude

theBSDude Space Ace

[X] If you have to do stuff first, but Gai isn't doing anything that can be called a jutsu... maybe he does most of the genjutsu in advance, and then lets it seep out a bit at a time?

25. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

26. Falconis

Falconis Not too sore, are you?

[X] Bobs Beard

Aint no apostrophe there.

27. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

[X] Bob's Beard

28. prandom

prandom Definitely Trustworthy

[X] Bobs Beard

MIO returns! MIO lives! MIO CONQUERS!

29. KinKrow

You thought it was a Nero, but it was really me! MIO!

macdjord likes this.
  30. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] Bobs Beard

Pretty much exactly what I want any way

Yay for Mio's return