1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Everything Disgusts Me (DC/SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TotalAbsolutism, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Jarudazuigu

Jarudazuigu Sealed, for now

Everything that can be explained with people being stupid is correct. Exceptions don't count.:p

2. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Poor Starfire, surrounded by blurgorfs (or whatever crazy Tamaranian expression she likes to use).

Good oath too, although I didn't recognize some of your disdain-y thoughts. Had to look up House of Numbers and Miracle Mineral Solution, but I think I have the general idea now.

One thing I think you could do better is to expand the tour. It's a handful of lines, nobody talks, no real landmarks except the tunnels are talked about. Is Cyborg enthusiastic about the place? Does Beast Boy like seeing new places? Is Starfire dismissive of human things? Is Raven taking care to be on the exact opposite side of the group from you at all times?

3. moonberserker

moonberserker Experienced.

That oath was great.

4. courtofdust

courtofdust Versed in the lewd.

This is really good. Any chance we can expect regular updates?

Jarudazuigu likes this.
  5. TotalAbsolutism

TotalAbsolutism Magnificent Bastard Moderator

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh, sweet summer child; you're not familiar with my work, are you.

Also... which mofo thought it was a good idea to bring fucking Teen Titans Go into this thread?

Fuck that show. Fuck that show with a rusty spork. Why? Here's why.

More than once they take an episode the original show did and then shit on it through their awful re-imagining. At least once, they used some of the original animation and re-dubbed it for a horrible joke. They made a viciously stupid take-that episode to their critics where they basically called everyone who liked the original Teen Titans children and tried to claim the only reason we don't like Go is that we grew up. Most of the writing staff still haven't watched the original, and treat that fact as a badge of pride.

On top of all of that... it's filling a niche that was already filled. Fuck that show. Fuck it forever.

6. TotalAbsolutism

I'll work on it a bit, yeah. Good idea.

7. Jarudazuigu

Jarudazuigu Sealed, for now

With a chainsword?

Inquisitive minds need to know!

8. TotalAbsolutism

With a rusty Chainspork.

9. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Huh, I thought Lauren Faust had gone on to Teen Titans Go, but apparently she did some batgirl and supergirl thing instead. I've never seen either show, but I'm kind of glad a writer I respect wasn't heading a team of writers who shit on their fans that way.

10. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

that sounds like something a ork would make, i don't even know what it is but i want one.

Jdub1597 likes this.
  11. rooster

rooster Succ

A spork is something that happens when a spoon and a fork have an interracial baby.

I guess a chainspork is something straight out of Warhammer 40k.

Jdub1597 and Jarudazuigu like this.
  12. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

So I take it you have great Contempt for it?

To be fair, it and the writers, directors, and so forth thereof, are very contemptible.

13. TotalAbsolutism

It's too fresh, I'll be too angry about it to use it properly.

14. Gforce1000

Gforce1000 Jibbering, Jabbering

I saw some of that, it actually wasn't bad. A bit childish, but not bad.
    *edit*
    Looked it up, here's the TVTropes page.

Prince Charon likes this.
  15. TotalAbsolutism

For a moment I thought you were still talking about Go and was about to tear you a new one. Whoops.

Yeah, that looks fine? At least it isn't shitting all over beloved childhood memories.

16. rooster

rooster Succ

It has a Supergirl that looks like an actual reasonable girl and not a bikini model. Progress, fuck yeah.

Then again progress starts taking away my video game babes. Progress, fuck no!

Not sure what to think about this one honestly. It was a bit short.

Jdub1597 and Dark Abstraction like this.
  17. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

It's neither progress nor regressing.

It's just a thing. Fanservice works differently for men and females(see: batman and robin being made fun of for the suit putting on scene). That there are things that don't have fanservice doesn't mean that there has been progress(whatever the fuck that means) it just means that it doesn't have fanservice.

18. Magni Imitator

Magni Imitator (Don't Question It)

Which episode is this? Also, don't forget they make fun of YJ as well, mostly TT though.

19. TotalAbsolutism

For the 'take that' episode it was The Return of Slade.

20. Magni Imitator

It is? Alright, thanks for that off to watch it and then brood angrily about it.

Gladiusone and Jarudazuigu like this.
  21. TotalAbsolutism

For those of you unwilling to follow in this brave fool's footsteps? Here you go.

22. Dark Abstraction

Dark Abstraction Occasional Interloper

Wow, that's a new low even for Teen Titans Go. How have those hacks not been shitcanned yet?

Jarudazuigu and vyor like this.
  23. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Probably because their bosses hate serious cartoons, or even not-very-silly ones like the real Teen Titans, and like doing Take Thats at the fans of same.

Winged One, vyor and Jarudazuigu like this.
  24. TJG

TJG Versed in the lewd.

As much as the Green Lantern power rings might be considered cosmic weapons they might be more like cosmic tools (with a rather specific cosmic energy source) that has been adapted for use by a group (the Guardians) as a weapon; as compared to this Puce Lantern which seems to be specifically designed as a cosmic weapon for use by some technologically advanced alien race. For a completely off-the-wall speculation, the way its been shown so far it almost looks like an independent design by some alternate reality Eldar of the Wharhammer 40k at the height of their empire might have had a faction that sensed their coming doom and tried to make something to counter it based on their understanding of the Warp or equivalent. Contempt might have been rather easy for such beings, or at least easier than other states of mind, and might have been considered a better mindset for confronting various cosmic horrors. Maybe such a universe might have other power rings/lanterns from other civilizations that made their own such as based on a particular faith (like the Emperor of Mankind) or maybe WAAGH! (for Orks).

25. TotalAbsolutism

No 40k here, sorry; that's one step more crossover than I'd like, especially as the basic principles on which Power Rings operate are inherent properties of the DC 'verse. It is from an alternate DC dimension. The main weapon-like factors stem from two simple facts; firstly, that the terminal is unfinished. It lacks a number of properties that would be present in a Lantern Ring because its software wasn't completed before the even that caused it to come into the hands of Agent Puce.

Secondly, because every colour has a particular speciality. Blue is especially good at healing people, for example. Green is the easiest to shape. So on and so forth. Puce is very good at destroying things simply because of how the mindset associated with it works. If you feel Contempt for a thing then you feel it has no value, nor worth. In essence, that it oughtn't exist. So the Puce light attempts to make that happen.

26. TJG

TJG Versed in the lewd.

How metaphysical/conceptual is that power? Given how it acted weird when exposed to Diana's Lasso of Truth which has been portrayed by some writers as being conceptual in nature itself (supposedly some demons or creatures that are associated with lies are harmed by its touch) this might have some strange implications of how deep it could go in that direction. As odd as it might seem, if he ever went to one of the Marvel comics universe he might be considered an agent of an alternate Un-Being and/or Oblivion with the ring/lantern being considered the counterpart of the Quantum Bands or Ultimate Nullifier by the beings there (maybe even by the respective cosmic beings depending on how they would interact on the conceptual level).

Ack likes this.
  27. TotalAbsolutism

All of the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum operates on a metaphysical level in some way.

The issue with the Lasso, however, was more of a feedback loop issue. I'm using the version from Justice League: War, which appears to be able to cause a certain amount of introspection in those it's placed upon. When exposed to that the SI began voicing his deepest feelings... only, they weren't entirely his, as such. The Ring magnifies Contempt due to being more or less crystallised out of Puce Light. So he had a deep thought which made him feel Contemptuous, that spawned other thoughts for which he felt Contempt, that continued to grow and grow until what was supposed to be a moment of honest introspection became an insane rant.

Thing is, though, those views aren't inaccurate from his own; just extreme. In many ways he does think that heroes don't do nearly enough good to justify their existence; however, they were only his Contemptuous views. All other context was stripped away.

That being said, the Orange Light has the power to flood the body and soul of a thing with Avarice and transform them entirely into an Orange Light Construct; thus fulfilling neatly the function of 'ownership'. If the Puce Light were to do something similar, the result would be obvious.

28. Magni Imitator

So I watched both. The actual episode and the guy reviewing it. All I have to say is: Death to the Usurpers! The show needs to be ended.

Ack, Jarudazuigu, vyor and 1 other person like this.
  29. NorthSouthGorem

NorthSouthGorem Versed in the lewd.

Was the review amusing, at least?

Ack likes this.
  30. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Orange Lanterns have Assimilate.

Puce Lanterns have Exterminate.