1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

Considering we could possibly return here once we have a contract, it's not like we can't do that in the future...

(Not to mention on the off chance that doing something like that pisses off the summons / is actually super dangerous)

Vox De Harlequin likes this.
  2. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

But what if the sealed thing IS Mio's designated summon?

I wanna high-five you so hard right now, brother.

I believe you meant "Nothing but pure BADASS"?

[X] Make. You have everything you need, probably.
    - [X] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

Sirrocco, GiftofLove and Ψυχή like this.
  3. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

All the more reason not to take without knowledge and respect of its harmony in this place CX

4. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

To the people pointing out all the upsides of the chakra arm, I would like to point out the obvious downside to making an arm out of pure chakra: namely that you are making and sustaining an arm of pure chakra. Meaning that if Mio wants to do anything with that arm, she has to dedicate a (likely very large) portion of her chakra to creating and sustaining it. Keep in mind that Mio has all the chakra of a typical genin.

Were Mio a jinchuriki, or if Mio had a way to quickly replenish her chakra, I would be all for the chakra arm. But as is, this is likely a path to repeatedly suffering chakra exhaustion and/or being unable to use big jutsus because it will make her arm crap out.

5. Briareus the Gardener

Briareus the Gardener I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Take. Plenty of arms about, attached to other things.
    - [X] The bound corpse, chained and marked with ancient and crumbling sealing wards, even now seems to be reaching out from its still and permanent repose. One arm outstretched... the only portion that has not yet rotten away, but even so as black as ink or pitch and seeming like stone, with thin cracks...

Dark Souls this bitch. I'd honestly have preferred becoming the spider-lady's dark harbinger, but that's not in the cards, and chakra arm is both blah and has potential issues.

6. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

This is a Naruto story, so I won't be surprised if that problem gets solved via Mio's overwhelming shounen-ness and GUTS!

7. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

First, we're now at the point where we're doing fake external coils, and we're apparently doing that without significant drain, given that we were doing it constantly before we came here.

Second, chakra use trains chakra. It might suck in the short term, but in the long term, it's just another form of Training From Hell.

Third, if we were actually concerned about the idea of trap options, we'd be running away from *both* of the front-runners, as *both* of them are pretty blatantly bad ideas (in their own way) given the situation we're in. Don't assume that one piece of obvious schmuck bait is a trap and the other piece of obvious schmuck bait is not.

8. Grinningmadhatter1

Grinningmadhatter1 #OrcPrivilege

[x] Make. You have everything you need, probably.
    - [x] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

9. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

- [X] The bound corpse, chained and marked with ancient and crumbling sealing wards, even now seems to be reaching out from its still and permanent repose. One arm outstretched... the only portion that has not yet rotten away, but even so as black as ink or pitch and seeming like stone, with thin cracks...

Because its an awesome corpse arm

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    1986ctcel and CrossyCross like this.
  10. Grinningmadhatter1

Grinningmadhatter1 #OrcPrivilege

Id have gone for the spooky skeleton arm, because that wouldve been hilariously creepy for just about everybody on many many levels. Alas, we will instead try to mimic a city destroying demon.

Second place doesn't really feel so bad.

11. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

You'll find that I'm not voting for the other leading blatant trap option, either.

12. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

- [X] About all there is around here seems to be stone and dead trees. Can't be that hard to put a prosthetic together, right? Straight bit, bendy bit, fiddly gripping bits...

Yeah, not going for any of the bait, even if it has not a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

13. SpeckofStardust

SpeckofStardust Know what you're doing yet?

While this may be true, looking on how controlling chakra expended and separated from our own body, it most likely wont require Chakra after it is made unless it is damaged, simply a hell of a lot of focus to keep it from dissipating an starting costs of a lot of chakra.

Vox De Harlequin likes this.
  14. SolipsistSerpent

SolipsistSerpent Endlessly Devouring

Wait... Mio doesn't know any genjutsu?

I think I may have spotted one of the stumbling blocks that resulting in her failing to reverse engineer Gai's sunset jutsu (even if she managed to create a bunch of other neat tricks).

Edit: changed vote in later post.
    [] Take. Plenty of arms about, attached to other things.
    - [] The spider that walks in the shape of a woman makes you shudder when she calls, and when she sings, to lure her prey nearer and nearer... until it is bound up in thread it does not and cannot see. She takes her time in eating them, when entrapped, and shares it bountifully out among lesser spiders. She has many arms to spare, though you doubt she will be eager to give one away...

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  15. LordVile

LordVile I trust you know where the happy button is?

CrossyCross likes this.
  16. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

The way we actually use our chakra right now, we're not using a constant output. We're throwing a lot of chakra out, then keeping it from dissipating and manipulating it outside our body, so there is no (or very little, at least) drain besides that first bit. The only reason it pushed us to chakra exhaustion before is because it took us so long to figure out how to make it not dissipate. So no, it really shouldn't require chakra to sustain, only a one-time per creation input of a lot of chakra, after which our body will make more to refill our tank.

And even if it does, we're goddamn MIO. Such a stumbling block is insignificant when you take into consideration how glowy and awesome it would look, particularly if we can figure out a way to change our chakra color to goldish yellow.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  17. Rider of Nod

Rider of Nod Peace. Through. Power.

Thing I love about Chibi-Reaper is there isn't a bad option ever. Pre generated choices can never kill you. Its a running thing in their quests, which honestly has desensitized me from caring about consequences in their quests.

1986ctcel, GiftofLove and CrossyCross like this.
  18. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

Well, that's just asking for trouble, but I have to correct you slightly; choices in general in Chibi quests don't kill you, unless you make a monumentally stupid one or several stupid ones in a row, whether pre-genned or write-in. Rather, bad decisions have bad consequences down the line, though you may not see them for ten-fifteen updates or more.

19. EVA-Saiyajin

EVA-Saiyajin Connoisseur.

Ancient corpse is as ancient corpse does

20. Vox De Harlequin

Vox De Harlequin Self-Taught Black Magic Initiate

In other words, if the vote to graft the seemingly literal sealed-evil-in-a(n)-canarm to our body wins, things probably aren't going to go well.

Winged One likes this.
  21. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

The time not to make a bad decision had passed when people decided to pursue an arm before seeing to our bodily needs. Now is the time for a reckless but quick resolution that will probably not see us even more drained, physically, and while the chakra arm is tempting, it's probably also more energy and time consuming to develop than YOLOing the evil arm in the hope that it doesn't take over and does provide enough benefits to actually improve our position.

1986ctcel likes this.
  22. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

Nobody wants to go for the boring options. Well changing my vote to sealed unspeakable evil then.

23. FantasyFan

FantasyFan Well worn.

Vote Tally : Twisted Pinwheel | Page 62 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.9.0

No. of Votes: 30

[x] Make. You have everything you need, probably.
    - [x] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.
    No. of Votes: 24

- [X] The spider that walks in the shape of a woman makes you shudder when she calls, and when she sings, to lure her prey nearer and nearer... until it is bound up in thread it does not and cannot see. She takes her time in eating them, when entrapped, and shares it bountifully out among lesser spiders. She has many arms to spare, though you doubt she will be eager to give one away...
    No. of Votes: 4

- [X] About all there is around here seems to be stone and dead trees. Can't be that hard to put a prosthetic together, right? Straight bit, bendy bit, fiddly gripping bits...
    No. of Votes: 2

- [X] The other thing that's here in abundance? Skeletons. Dusty, broken, but only sometimes walking around, but as a plus they generally have the right anatomy, less flesh.

- [X] The other thing that's here in abundance? Skeletons. Dusty, broken, but only sometimes walking around, but as a plus they generally have the right anatomy, less flesh.
    - [X] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

Total No. of Voters: 64

Winged One and Xicree like this.
  24. Vox De Harlequin

You know, this kinda is starting to feel like that time I was reading an archived bleach quest, hollow quest 2 I think it was, and the voters decided to yolo attacking a captain-class shinigami as a basic hollow.
    It ended up costing them their greatest friend Jeremiah, who sacrificed herself to reverse time for us (and the fuckers almost did the exact same thing again), and I think it was honestly what put me off reading any quests for literal years.
    Except I'm now there in the moment and can only watch helplessly as I try to argue why this is a bad idea.

25. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

I'm just amused that anyone thinks in a quest by Chibi-Reaper, that the 'benign' looking move forward isn't just as booby trapped as the 'obvious trap' is.

If you haven't noticed... Things have already gone all the way down the crapper.

... That doesn't stop the ride from being fun.

26. Vox De Harlequin

Yes, but so far they've gone down the crapper in a way that does not seriously infringe on Mio's mental integrity.
    Something that will not be the case if we plug the super shady sealed evil into her brain.
    Maybe it's different for you, but I don't particularly enjoy reading about someone's protracted mental erosion and collapse at the hands of a nebulous and insidious malevolence.
    While obviously it probably wouldn't be something that we couldn't get out of, but at what cost?

In developing the chakra arm we risk simple death at worst for pretty much equal, or arguably greater, benefit.
    With the sealed arm we risk all of the above, as well as completely locking ourselves off from one of the most broken powerups in the setting (sage mode) as well as a variety of other possible effects of corrupted chakra.

I simply do not think the benefits even remotely outweigh the almost certain risks.

27. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

Note WHERE we are.

I somehow doubt taking something from this realm will block us from Sage Chakra.

1986ctcel and Snake/Eater like this.
  28. Vox De Harlequin

I do not share you confidence, and I'm honestly not sure where it comes from.
    Sure this is the summons' realm, but if things were that simple someone else would have already taken the thing.
    It's not like grafting the body parts of powerful beings onto your body is a particularly new idea.
    And especially noting where we are, someone would have fucked with the arm already.
    That they haven't doesn't say good things.

I do apologize if I seem overly melodramatic or argumentative right now, I'm currently both sleep deprived and doped up on a probably unhealthy amount of caffeine.

29. Irked

Irked Experienced.

On the bright side the eldritch brain melting evil will probably have fun interactions with our trauma powered eyes, so we can bust out some never before seen sharingan eye hax on Tobi the next time we see him.

30. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

Just wanted to add that grafting parts to them is a mostly human idea...
    And I'd go out on a limb and say that there were no living people here for a damn long time.

this said, I am still voting for the chakra arm.