1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

this is both a case Unknown Unknowns vs Known Unknowns.

2. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

I also ask the 'demonic arm' voters: how, exactly, do you think we're going to attach it to ourself?

3. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

4. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Who cares, Demon Arm is awesome, DMC4 and the Nero portions with his Devilbringer arm were also awesome, ergo Mio will be double awesome.

5. Snake/Eater

We are going to cut into our stumpy arm with a sharp hot rock and sow it into our arm with our hair and scraps up of clothes from our back.

6. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

We are going take our 'Fake coils' and then use them to thread our real coils into the arm.

Much like how we kept control of our real arm despite it being chopped off.

Then seal it all together at the seam with Medical chakra.

1986ctcel likes this.
  7. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

Even if Im now voting for the enemy Id like to note that Kabuto demostrated healing jutsu in front of Mio eyes. Yes it was a misscast It'll give you cancer if do it this way but there are abundant guinea pigs in demon land.
    Note to self make sure to weaponize healing microwave hands.

GiftofLove and Xicree like this.
  8. Snake/Eater

i just had a thought, is the Sealed arm child size for Mio's age or is it a arm for a grown adult?

Winged One likes this.
  9. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

What makes you think we couldn't wrap bandages around a chakra arm? I mean, we wouldn't, because we wouldn't *want* to hide our awesome chakra arm, but we *could*.

GiftofLove and Snake/Eater like this.
  10. Dragoon45

Dragoon45 [ ]

Oh, we could, but that doesn't stop anyone who can sense even a tiny bit of chakra from noticing the large amount of chakra that has been condensed into the shape of an arm. And this is important when you need to stealth but don't want to basically cut off an arm to do so.

11. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

Isn't solid chakra incredibly corrosive?

12. Rider of Nod

Rider of Nod Peace. Through. Power.

Youki is corrosive, super dense Chakra is just really really bad for you if you take in someone else's.

13. Blue Magician

Blue Magician Not too sore, are you?

Sure the byakugan would notice it, and the sharingan probably would as well (but not necessarily). Chakra sensors? They wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an arm made of chakra and all the chakra that would be located in our body. Other then the byakugan, chakra sensing is not 'seeing' the world in chakra colours, just like you cannot see with your ears. IE this does absolutely nothing for our stealth. Presumably there would be a way to 'dampen' our chakra so to speak anyway otherwise all the really skilled ninja wouldn't be able to sneak anywhere.

Like Kisame managed to sneak into the leaf village no fuss and ignoring the bijuu he has more chakra than anyone else. If your thoughts were true they should've seen him miles away. Or what about Sasori? As a puppet he basically has to have active chakra going all the time just to move himself. Didn't stop him from making a spy network in every major village.

Pretty sure thats fanon. Bijuu have normal chakra just like everyone else. Just a mountain load more. I think the main part of the corrosion effect happened because their chakra was saturated with their emotions so it didn't typically want to play nice with normal chakra, and the sheer volume also caused some side effects for those that couldn't channel that much safely. Which is why when Naruto and Bee go through the whole mediation thing to overcome the Bijuu's anger they can use the full chakra with no side effects. If it were naturally corrosive then mediation or not the chakra would've burnt through them regardless of their fancy meditation.

You guys do realise that Sakura with her supposedly perfect chakra control took months to be able to keep a fish alive with medical chakra and even more to be able to use it on people. Even with the sharingan we've only seen a flawed version of it. Never mind that we'd have to work it backwards to be able to use it well and adjust it for ourselves. It would take us far longer than canon Sakura to get a working version of it. At least a year easy.

I mean if you guys are so dead set serious on grabbing the demon arm then sure we can take the demon arm. LATER. Judging by the surroundings the demon arm isn't going anywhere so if you guys really want the demon arm then lets grab it when we are ready, know what we are doing to ourselves and know what the side effects will be.

I mean if Orochimaru the mad scientist of this setting didn't go injecting cool bloodlines in himself every opportunity he got then doesn't that say something?

Winged One and Vox De Harlequin like this.
  14. FantasyFan

FantasyFan Well worn.

Vote Tally : Twisted Pinwheel | Page 62 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.9.0

[X] Take. Plenty of arms about, attached to other things.
    - [X] The bound corpse, chained and marked with ancient and crumbling sealing wards, even now seems to be reaching out from its still and permanent repose. One arm outstretched... the only portion that has not yet rotten away, but even so as black as ink or pitch and seeming like stone, with thin cracks...
    No. of Votes: 32

[x] Make. You have everything you need, probably.
    - [x] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.
    No. of Votes: 28

[X] Take. Plenty of arms about, attached to other things.
    - [X] The spider that walks in the shape of a woman makes you shudder when she calls, and when she sings, to lure her prey nearer and nearer... until it is bound up in thread it does not and cannot see. She takes her time in eating them, when entrapped, and shares it bountifully out among lesser spiders. She has many arms to spare, though you doubt she will be eager to give one away...
    No. of Votes: 4

[X] Make. You have everything you need, probably.
    - [X] About all there is around here seems to be stone and dead trees. Can't be that hard to put a prosthetic together, right? Straight bit, bendy bit, fiddly gripping bits...
    No. of Votes: 2

- [X] The other thing that's here in abundance? Skeletons. Dusty, broken, but only sometimes walking around, but as a plus they generally have the right anatomy, less flesh.

- [X] The other thing that's here in abundance? Skeletons. Dusty, broken, but only sometimes walking around, but as a plus they generally have the right anatomy, less flesh.
    - [X] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

Total No. of Voters: 70

15. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Really? You're actually pulling the "How do you even expect "Pregenerated option I don't like" to even work? *insert insinuations that it's a trap option*" routine?

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  16. Xicree

That he didn't have Sharingan eyes to hax himself a shortcut.

17. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

Isnt that exactly what Kabuto did?

18. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Yeah, but he had years of studying under, actually studying on, and knowing who/what Orochimaru was.

Koled likes this.
  19. Xicree

To be fair to Orochimaru... Kabuto basically cribbed ALL the notes he could off of his mentor before starting his own hax based on his perfect chakra control and cell replication chakra.

20. Snake/Eater

what size is the demon arm? is it adult size and Mio just grows into it or is it Child sized and it stays small for the rest of her life? ether way it's.... very interesting.

21. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

I know, I wanna see the hilarity so much. The mystery box thing is a big reason of why I want it so much, because this is a Chibi-reaper original.

1986ctcel, Dragoon45 and Snake/Eater like this.
  22. Blue Magician

Blue Magician Not too sore, are you?

Just because it's a pre-generated option doesn't mean it's not a trap. And no need to get all holier than thou on me. On my previous post I mentioned possible trap/negative things that could happen with the vote I chose. Mainly running out of chakra. There's easily others like probably being vulnerable to having our arm sealed off rather easily if it's just pure chakra (though the number of people with the ability to do that would be rather low), not having the chakra to fuel it and others.

ALL of these options will have some sort of negative consequences attached. I'm just trying to minimise them and make sure the results don't come back and bite us. Say we do end up going the demon arm route I'd prefer we go about it in a smart way. You thinking that there won't be consequences for our actions seems to me to be a bit too optimistic.

You think we'd easily be able to just slam the demon arm on and be able to use it willy nilly? Maybe we'd be able to get it on. Being able to use it without consequence? I refer you to the long list of people Orochimaru has experimented on.

Does no one remember how before Sasuke defected he was basically going crazy trying to keep the curse seal back. This being after Kakashi had put a seal around it. He was arguably saner when he stopped holding it back and let it take him over. Even then he wasn't all there.

I refer you to a short part of my post.

Even haxing ourselves an option with the sharingan is going to take us longer than a few seconds. Yes the sharingan are hax. They are also NOT an instant win button.

Yes Kabuto did inject himself with Orochimaru's cells. Kabuto was also the best medic in the land other than Tsunade and MAYBE Sakura. The fact that he was Orochimaru's lab assistant actually probably makes him more qualified than Orochimaru or Tsunade to mess around with stuff like that. Our medical and scientific skills are nowhere near that. We have absolutely no medical abilities at the moment save a faulty medical technique saved into our eyes.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    GiftofLove and Koled like this.
  23. JadeKaiser

JadeKaiser Fae apologist Moderator

And Kabuto was basically a freak of nature with his inherent regeneration and integration ability. It's explicit in at least the manga that he was only able to do that because it was him, in particular doing it.

However, I think it's reasonably safe to say that the option for the sealed evil arm wouldn't have been supplied by Chibi if it weren't something that we could... eventually actually do. It might take a while though, and we might not be able to get the kind of use out of it that a lot of people are hoping for..

24. Xicree

Our chakra is already assimulative in nature... though training rather than inherent traits. Its kinda awesome actually if you think about it. We basically figured out how to train chakra into networking outside of the body and using stray chakra in the environment as part of our own.

25. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

Shame I can't convince all of the people voting for Chakra arm and Skeleton arm to team up with me and DuskAtDawn

We'd be tied now, but such is life CX

Snake/Eater likes this.
  26. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

I feel like whether or not the Demon arm will take isn't dependent on logic or medical jutsu or anything like that. If we're still rocking the Shounen genre, then it'll be fine and edgy and awesome. If we've shifted to Survival Horror, it'll still take, but we'll probably wish it didn't. Either way, that arm will attach to our stump without too much trouble, otherwise it wouldn't even be an offered option.

The real question here is whether you think this is now a shounen fic with some horror elements, or if it's gone full-on survival horror. Since the tags haven't changed at all, I'm betting that MIO's force of personality will continue to warp reality in her favor... for now.

27. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Kabuto's regen wasn't inherent.
    It was a technique where he began healing an area he anticipated being damaged before the harm occurred, causing the medical chakra in the area to take effect all at once after the damage is dealt.
    He could do it to others, too.
    Apparently, it was useful for his and Orochimaru's experiments on people.

28. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

That's the skeleton prosthetic arm with chakra flesh, right? I'd vote for it, but I don't remember Chibi-Reaper ever approving the combination, and I'm worried he would read the vote as a vote for skeleton arm and a vote for chakra arm.

1986ctcel likes this.
  29. JadeKaiser

JadeKaiser Fae apologist Moderator

That goes so completely against the times where it's actually shown in canon that it isn't even funny. I'm going to ignore the fact that you said that after this post, because it's just plain wrong.

He might have a technique that works like that as well, but if so it isn't the one that I'm talking about. The one I'm talking about is the regeneration that he first mentioned during the Tsunade retrieval arc. He explicitly called it regeneration, said that it worked so long as he had chakra that he could keep using to fuel it with, etc. It was mentioned much, much later in the series that his unique natural ability to heal and integrate things into himself was the only thing that allowed him to do so the way he did. I think it's a fairly safe bet that it was the same natural ability being expressed in a similar but different way.

30. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Huh.
    I've literally never seen it translated that way.