1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Blue Magician

Blue Magician Not too sore, are you?

I know Mio can use her chakra outside of her body but can she use environmental chakra as her own? I'm not saying it's wrong, It'd be amazing if she could but I don't remember that bit. Also not sure about the assimilative bits. I'd be happy to be proven wrong and referred to a chapter but I'm not sure I remember Mio being that awesome quite yet.

This was basically my main point. I'm sure Mio would be able to attach the demon arm and get it to work. Without high medical and scientific skills though I imagine we'd have a lot of things going wrong with it. I also imagine fixing them wouldn't be as simple as just tearing the new arm off either.

JadeKaiser and Vox De Harlequin like this.
  2. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

Considering that we've literally had a similar conversation about Write-ins before, I would think there wouldn't be a problem; regardless, all it takes is a tag to Chibi-Reaper and then we wait and see, right?

3. JadeKaiser

JadeKaiser Fae apologist Moderator

I think it's probably a better idea for you two to join up with the 28+ others voting for just the chakra arm than it is for you to demand that all of them switch to your write in. Let's face it: that's not going to happen. Plenty of people vote and then just leave the thread until the next update, so even if every single one of us that is still here changed to your vote it wouldn't be enough.

Besides that, it's just completely unreasonable to ask for 28+ people to change to match you in order to beat the leading vote, when the same could be accomplished by just the two of you changing to match the much larger group. The ones at fault for splitting the vote here would be you, not the rest of us.

SolipsistSerpent and GiftofLove like this.
  4. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

Not completely unreasonable, especially since the whole point of our vote is doing both of the other two which is the only reason a tie is possible. Us two only puts the chakra arm to 30 — not the 32 you need — as opposed to those 28 + the 2 skeleton arm votes teaming up in the most appropriate venue of our vote to tie up "Demon Arm"

*shrug*

5. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

[x] Make. You have everything you need, probably.
    - [x] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

As far as I understand Mio's approach to coils, fake coils, and the amount of chakra she has to sling around, this should be interesting no matter how it plays out.

DarkLight140 likes this.
  6. Candesce

Candesce Experienced.

- [x] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

7. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

I don't remember reading about the highlighted parts? It could be because the relevant update was too long ago. So, if you could link to them, I'd be grateful.

SolipsistSerpent and Winged One like this.
  8. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

[X] Take. Plenty of arms about, attached to other things.
    - [X] The bound corpse, chained and marked with ancient and crumbling sealing wards, even now seems to be reaching out from its still and permanent repose. One arm outstretched... the only portion that has not yet rotten away, but even so as black as ink or pitch and seeming like stone, with thin cracks...

For some reason this reminds me of something else... but all I can recall is Bleach, which I'm certain isn't the thing I'm thinking of.

9. Literofka

Literofka Getting out there.

10. FantasyFan

FantasyFan Well worn.

Vote Tally : Twisted Pinwheel | Page 62 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.9.0

- [X] The bound corpse, chained and marked with ancient and crumbling sealing wards, even now seems to be reaching out from its still and permanent repose. One arm outstretched... the only portion that has not yet rotten away, but even so as black as ink or pitch and seeming like stone, with thin cracks...
    No. of Votes: 33

No. of Votes: 31

- [X] The spider that walks in the shape of a woman makes you shudder when she calls, and when she sings, to lure her prey nearer and nearer... until it is bound up in thread it does not and cannot see. She takes her time in eating them, when entrapped, and shares it bountifully out among lesser spiders. She has many arms to spare, though you doubt she will be eager to give one away...
    No. of Votes: 3

[X] Make. You have everything you need, probably.
    - [X] About all there is around here seems to be stone and dead trees. Can't be that hard to put a prosthetic together, right? Straight bit, bendy bit, fiddly gripping bits...
    No. of Votes: 2

- [X] The other thing that's here in abundance? Skeletons. Dusty, broken, but only sometimes walking around, but as a plus they generally have the right anatomy, less flesh.
    - [X] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.
    No. of Votes: 2

- [X] The other thing that's here in abundance? Skeletons. Dusty, broken, but only sometimes walking around, but as a plus they generally have the right anatomy, less flesh.
    No. of Votes: 1

Total No. of Voters: 72

Winged One and Snake/Eater like this.
  11. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

just two more and it's a tie! if it goes over i will switch with for the minority votes.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  12. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

"ANGEL FISTER!"

"Jesus Mio, your attack names are horrible!"

13. BlueHelix

BlueHelix I trust you know where the happy button is?

- [X] What you need to do is to make the chakra denser. Make it physical. Bijuu do it, why can't... you might be a little insane. But that doesn't mean it won't work.

14. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

He basically did pretty much the inverse, in that he kept trying to inject himself into cool bloodlines at every opportunity.

I mean, mashing it together... is basically how skeleton arm replacement would work anyway? Because you'd basically be sticking the bones into place and then pushing fake and real arm coils through it until it took.

Lemme clarify. That's not how it works and I'm not sure how the impression was given. There is no assimilating of nature chakra involved. What Mio is currently doing has two parts: One, spreading her own chakra out a lot further than it's supposed to go, while still being useful and usable. Two, developing new fake coils to hold and circulate more real chakra in, greatly increasing the amount that she has in the tank at any given time.

Still incredibly useful stuff in its own right, and there's a whole lot of interesting new options that can build on that, but you haven't developed a short-cut to a sage mode or chakra vampirism or anything of that nature.

Shit, natural energy is dangerous. You'll turn yourself into a statue if you don't have someone to smack you with a magic stick or something.
    Zombie Minato: "I kind of... never mind."

15. Briareus the Gardener

Briareus the Gardener I trust you know where the happy button is?

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

16. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

It is? In that case...

17. Snake/Eater

to make it a tie and see what the QM does.

18. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

That's nice, still no proof of a trap option.
    Fuck off Snake, nobody likes a troll.

19. Snake/Eater

That's nice and True, but i'm not trolling.

20. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

Probably wait for someone else to vote.

Snake/Eater likes this.
  21. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

You literally said you wanted to keep the tie going.

Winged One and Valette-Serafina like this.
  22. SpaceJelly

SpaceJelly What was I doing again...?

I think the intent here is to get the result of 'Why not both?'

Or maybe he is just trolling. Hell if I know.

23. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Which is stupid because that's not how it works

24. Snake/Eater

it's mostly this, i want see if the QM would allow it.

25. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Suspicion!

You want Mio to lose her other arm?

26. Tel Janin Aman

Tel Janin Aman Kept you waiting huh?

My guess in case of a tie

27. Snake/Eater

or a leg, maybe The QM will attack the Sealed arm to Mio's shoulder so we can have 3 arms or attach it to the tail bone and have an armTail,

28. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Then allow me to teach you my Secret Technique.

Ask.

Chibi-Reaper, Snake/Eater wants to know what you're going to do in the event of a tie.

29. HypoSoc

HypoSoc The mind is such a fragile plaything.

30. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

No.

Mio's goal in life is not to become an assortment of random body parts rolling through town. She's not going to just graft things on for shiggles, and you'll note that the premade options don't include feet or tentacles for obvious reasons. Mio's rationale in having a new arm is to get back to where she was before rather than having to adapt to the loss, so why exactly do you think she would just start duct taping a lot of new things on to get used to and be in the way while she's being hunted by stuff that wants to eat her?

If you just want to to take things apart and put them back together, you know that you can probably fairly easily get ahold of some legos and building blocks, right?

Just so it's clear, if I get the spark to write and there happens to be a tie at that time, I'll comment on it and then go do something else. And then hopefully when I get back to it there will no longer be a tie. I will not be unexpectedly turning Mio into franken-ninja because the votes are too close.

Kakuzu already has that shtick covered.

Shaper47, Katillno, Lement and 17 others like this.